• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The play devil's advocate without copping all kinds of abuse thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The First Chance Average is the best indicator of a batsman's greatness, or lack of it
I realise The First Chance Average has been held in some esteem around these parts for some time and, quite frankly, who am I to challenge this? I've been thinking about how any minor glitches in this system could be fixed, even though I realise it's as close to perfect as a method of calculating imaginary averages can get. Even so, I'd like to propose an addendum to Richard's first born child. Ladies and gentlemen. I give to you:

The Fat Chance Average

In short, it's like The First Chance Average in reverse. Any faultless innings a player has is immediately cancelled out because he was ****ing useless anyway.

Thoughts?

BeeGee

International Captain
Tendulkar was a good batsman, but he isn't a pale shadow of the late great Don Bradman.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Aye, but I once saw Sachin selling lamb bhuna from the back of a van outside Chicken Base.

Both he and I should have known better tbh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not suggesting you leave, but saying that debate is impossible on here because the members don't have the skills to engage in them properly is a pretty damming thing to say about a forum, since debate is one of the main things a forum is meant to create and thrive on.

I'm just getting a bit sick of prominent members slagging off the whole forum and its members, and people starting threads about particular assets of the forum they hate etc.
**** off, n00b

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I realise The First Chance Average has been held in some esteem around these parts for some time and, quite frankly, who am I to challenge this? I've been thinking about how any minor glitches in this system could be fixed, even though I realise it's as close to perfect as a method of calculating imaginary averages can get. Even so, I'd like to propose an addendum to Richard's first born child. Ladies and gentlemen. I give to you:

The Fat Chance Average

In short, it's like The First Chance Average in reverse. Any faultless innings a player has is immediately cancelled out because he was ****ing useless anyway.

Thoughts?
I like it. However, it should be called "Mark Butchering".