• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the footballers from Rock Ferry

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Andy Robinson has just knocked in his 7th of the season. Our top scorer last season scored 5.

Gonna bump this thread every time Robbo does something gun.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As a reward for winning this battle Robbo is now on my avatar meaning you don't have to come find this thread to see his beautiful Rock Ferry face :wub:

But as an extra treat to you all for being good CWers this year

cpr

International Coach
**** me, thats one ugly ****. I'd rather you'd put a pic of Iain Dowie up.

Guy's probably a pin-up around those parts mind.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well he is less of a **** that Fon Williams.

Can see why you lot were top though, very solid. Think we probably should have got a point, couple of soft goals to give away.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What did Fonners do to upset you? Beautiful man he is.

Wish I had been there today; bit of a smash and grab by the sounds of things but what a goal from McGurk and there's a case for the geezer who scored yours getting a red for the penalty foul (I'm 50-50 on it).

Think we should go on and win the league now. That was our biggest result to date but next week against Swindle is massive. Word is they may be ten points lighter by the time that fixture comes around though.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just had massive strop when someone through a snowball at him, which obviously led to a lot more people throwing snowballs at him. He grabbed Forrester by the throat at one stage and then took the piss with time-wasting. The latter I am not overly bothered by, I am sure we would have done the same, but he was on a yellow already.

Don't think you had any other real shots on target but no complaints really, first goal especially was really poor defending. Not seen the second again and it was from the other end, not sure how exactly it went in, was it just a good finish? Excellent play before that but we should have stopped him. Started well and could have had a couple early, after that it was hard work, as I say could have got a point at least but **** it, first time we have lost in 13 games.

There is still an awful long way to go but you definetly have the know how which I am not entierly sure we have yet. still we will be one point behind if we win our games in hand.

Bournemouth may have lost today but they are still a big worry, spend £400,000 on someone this week.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah saw the snowball stuff on SSN, pretty funny really. Time wasting is typical Fonners, one of those guys you love having in your team and hate when he's against you I guess.

Yeah McGurk slotted his home nicely.

Bournemouth definitely a worry but I can't see them clawing back 13 points on is, even accounting for games in hand. I could be wrong of course. One thing is for sure though, a few weeks back mates of mine were still saying they'd settle for 6th; given that it would be disastrous for us to drop out of the top six now, I won't happy with anything but top 2 (obviously I won't complain if we win the play offs but you get my point). It's been 22 years since we experienced promotion so it only seems fair.

Would like to see yourselves and or Donny go up with us; put it up the big clubs or big spenders in this division. Sheffield United in particular staying down would be beautiful; they're ****e.

Last edited: