• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should we be patient with Jonathan Trott?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
2? wtf is that?

Not good enough Jonathan. I'd consider not allowing him to bat in the second innings and dropping him, forever.

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Strike rate of 22.

Needs to stop trying to be aggressive and revert to his natural defensiveness.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When I emailed the ECB suggesting Hick's recall three years ago, they told me they thought it was "unlikely." And these ****s wonder why we didn't beat the crims 5-0. ****ing joke, game's going down the ****ter in this country.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Should've recalled Gough, Caddick and Rampers. All games would've been won by an innings!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Found the email

To whom it may concern,

In light of some poor performances over a period of three years now, I would like to offer my services to Peter Moores and the team in an advisory capacity. I believe with my passion, drive and selectorial expertise I can help England to regain the Ashes and become the world's undisputed champions in all formats of the game.

If it was up to me, England would play the following line-up, I am sure this will help you make your mind up:

Cook+
Strauss*
Anderson
Broad
Pietersen
Hick
Ramprakash
Flintoff
Gough
Sidebottom
Panesar

As you can see, this is a well-balanced line-up. It mixes youth (Broad, Cook, Anderson) with experience (Gough, Flintoff, Hick, Ramprakash) and contains one true all-rounder (Anderson), a bowling all-rounder (Flintoff) and Stuart Broad is useful for a few fill-in overs. If the pitch is a greentop we can replace Panesar with an extra batsman for true depth.

To further enhance my selectorial brilliance, I would like to tell you some tales of my time on the International Cricket Captain series. On the 2005 version I led Kent to the County Championship with players that I developed from a young age. Then on the 2006 version I outdid Duncan Fletcher and Andrew Flintoff by comfortably retaining the Ashes in Australia (3-0). On my most recent game I have only played one season in which I led Somerset to the second division title in spite of not winning a game until the 9th round.

Just in case all this hadn't helped you to make up your mind, I already own replicas of both the Test and One-day shirts and would be happy to wear these in my official capacity. I will not, though, under any circumstances be seen wearing the Twenty20 kit as it looks somewhat like a Liverpool shirt and I am a Tranmere Rovers supporters.

I eagerly anticipate your reply and the commencement of my duties. I have some committments this weekend but am happy to rearrange them for the inevitable press conference that will follow my appointment.

Thanks
Martyn Corrin
Selected 3/4 of your recommendations tbf

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh:

Post the reply!
Here:

Hello Will

Thanks for your email and your comments, which have been noted

We’ll see what squad is announced tomorrow; think it’s unlikely Hick will get a recall, but you never know!

Best wishes

ECB Feedback
No, I don't know why they called me Will either

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ecb: Will...
Gimh: But my name is Corrin...
Ecb: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!