• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before the CW Forumer sim comp starts

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, sorry but homophobia is not really going to be tolerated. I didn't infract or really even warn anyone because I know it's an ingrained part of the culture and I know it probably wasn't done in a mean spirit, but speaking purely as a poster, it's very disappointing coming from people you respect.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not going to argue with you as Brumby can defend himself if he wishes; but his post (if it's the one I'm thinking of) wasn't homophobic.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Think about a poster on CW who might be gay. Coming out on CW is probably the lowest in terms of how hard it is to come out, but after reading the constant barbs in that thread, I'd keep it to myself too, or be afraid of getting harassed (and that's what it'd be even if it may look innocuous) at every opportunity.

Anyway, just my two cents as a senior poster.

Not going to argue with you as Brumby can defend himself if he wishes; but his post (if it's the one I'm thinking of) wasn't homophobic.
There was more than one post deleted and I'm not singling anyone out in particular, just giving my opinion as a person.

Again, this is not as a mod, but just my dismay at seeing stuff like that as a person - we'd never allow it if it were about race.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think about a poster on CW who might be gay. Coming out on CW is probably the lowest in terms of how hard it is to come out, but after reading the constant barbs in that thread, I'd keep it to myself too, or be afraid of getting harassed (and that's what it'd be even if it may look innocuous) at every opportunity.

Anyway, just my two cents as a senior poster.

There was more than one post deleted and I'm not singling anyone out in particular, just giving my opinion as a person.

Again, this is not as a mod, but just my dismay at seeing stuff like that as a person - we'd never allow it if it were about race.
There were some bad posts as I say. Think I reported a couple. The post of Brumby's I remember definitely wasn't homophobic.

Have read enough posts about my teeth and skin to know some racially centred jokes are allowed btw.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to clear up before everyone goes completely crazy, seeing as I was the one doing the editing and deleting at lunchtime today...

Yes, I have deleted a number of posts, by a number of different posters, in the Steven Davies which I thought crossed the line in terms of taste/decency/discrimination and so on. In my opinion, all of those that are now deleted did just that, although I appreciate that exactly where you draw the line (and if you actually draw it at all) is a matter of opinion.

And yes, one or two of them I put back later after discussion on the mod forum.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, can't be ****ed, tbh.

Can only assume that SS doesn't know who Julian Clary is and is unfamiliar with the oeuvre of the man in my avatar.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just to clear up before everyone goes completely crazy, seeing as I was the one doing the editing and deleting at lunchtime today...

Yes, I have deleted a number of posts, by a number of different posters, in the Steven Davies which I thought crossed the line in terms of taste/decency/discrimination and so on. In my opinion, all of those that are now deleted did just that, although I appreciate that exactly where you draw the line (and if you actually draw it at all) is a matter of opinion.

And yes, one or two of them I put back later after discussion on the mod forum.

And I agreed with that decision FWIW. And I agreed with the undeleting as well. The line can be arbitrary sometimes, and we discussed it and came to a decision.

Anyway, I should have, but didn't delete the posts when I first read them, and I expressed my displeasure in that thread before four_of_six did what I should have done instead of just talking about it. :p

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Man = talk, woman = action.

Stereotyping FTW. ;) :devil2:
Well, unfortunately, I don't belong to one of the "Martial Races"...:(

So I will apparently run away from action. Which FWIW is probably the smarter thing to do, especially as your likely prize for being classified as such was to be drafted in only to face mustard gas and trenches and machine guns while charging barbed wire fields in WWI, so I'm not sure why people got in a tither for being classified as 'non-martial' :D.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, unfortunately, I don't belong to one of the "Martial Races"...:(

So I will apparently run away from action. Which FWIW is probably the smarter thing to do, especially as your likely prize for being classified as such was to be drafted in only to face mustard gas and trenches and machine guns while charging barbed wire fields in WWI, so I'm not sure why people got in a tither for being classified as 'non-martial' :D.
Yeah you better run, too.