• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chicken Parmi or Chicken Parma

What's it called, it's up to you CW

• Total voters

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If i recall from my rudimentary study of Italian, having "a" at the end of a word renders it feminine.

Which, given who's supporting the idea of "Parma", is completely appropriate.
I demolish my parmas like one should treat a woman. Hard and fast, with no remorse. Hence, I feel it appropriate that the noun be feminine.

Matt79

Global Moderator
If i recall from my rudimentary study of Italian, having "a" at the end of a word renders it feminine.

Which, given who's supporting the idea of "Parma", is completely appropriate.
Burgey making it clear he only eats masculine meat...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But whatever you call it, I'm going to go to La Porchetta and have one this evening. This thread has made the idea simply irresistible.
It was quality. A solid 8.5/10 from me. It only lost points because the way the meat was plonked on top of the chips resulted in the chips being a bit soggy by the time I got to them.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Edmunds, the onus is generally placed upon the diner in moving the parma off the chips. If room on the plate is at a premium, then place it on the salad - you don't make friends with salad.

_Ed_

A valid point, and well made.

But I think the diner's ravenousness and eagerness to begin eating the chicken in question should be taken into account. Relocating items on the plate just delays this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
wtf is this parmi ****?

100% Parma.
Do you still have the link to Eggman's site? I reckon _Ed_ should start working for it. I also reckon we should introduce it as a piece of evidence. Anyone that dedicated to the meal would surely know what it was called and he was definitely pro-parma.

Matt79

Global Moderator
It was quality. A solid 8.5/10 from me. It only lost points because the way the meat was plonked on top of the chips resulted in the chips being a bit soggy by the time I got to them.
Have I ever told you about the time I found a pub that did a parma/nachos combo - full nachos with the lot with a massive parma chucked on top for no reason other than it being AWESOME!

_Ed_

Have I ever told you about the time I found a pub that did a parma/nachos combo - full nachos with the lot with a massive parma chucked on top for no reason other than it being AWESOME!
Holy ****. Two of my top five favourite dishes COMBINED?!

I think my mind has just been officially blown.