• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chicken Parmi or Chicken Parma

What's it called, it's up to you CW

• Total voters

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's like how people in southern England speak English (albeit with a startling rate of speech impediment), but Northeners make weird, orangutan with a mouth full of toffee, noises.
Can't trust those northerners to do anything properly, let alone speak correctly Matt. Take it from me (a southerner).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Since when do Aussies give a **** about a ****ty Italian football team?

It's parma. Gtfo New South Wales losers.
Since when do Aussies give a **** about the Indian cricket team? It's parmi. Now GAGFC.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hold the phone, "parmi"? Name another Aussie icon whose nickname ends in "i"?

Macca's of the world unite for "parma".

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rate Jack highly for proving his point via Google, the ultimate source.

Good win for parma.

_Ed_

It's actually chicken 'parmy' itbt. The versatility of the name is just one of its strengths.
The issue here is you're straying into the territory of Palmy, a dreadful town no one or food would wish to associate oneself with. Tread carefully.

Burgey

If i recall from my rudimentary study of Italian, having "a" at the end of a word renders it feminine.

Which, given who's supporting the idea of "Parma", is completely appropriate.

Last edited:

_Ed_

But whatever you call it, I'm going to go to La Porchetta and have one this evening. This thread has made the idea simply irresistible.