• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricSim ****

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
10 point infraction is the base for accusing someone of cheating. It's a well known rule that you don't accuse people of cheating or rigging sims, yet you did it anyway.

I personally think that a lot of Slyza's mistakes are simply that. Mistakes. I make mistakes when I sim, but I check a lot of what I do before I post and fix things up. Even then, people have identified small errors in the stats etc. I think he's loose and slapdash and not the sharpest tool in the box. Not a combination guaranteed for success.
I actually think Skippos is probably right and that there's no sim at all or that large parts of it aren't what he says. But that's why I don't really endorse the thing, and just let him chunder away in that tucked away subforum with it without offering any real help to him. If you think it's bull**** then just ignore it.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What? Thought it was common knowledge that Crabb rigs the sims. Why do you think I don't join a team?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually think Skippos is probably right and that there's no sim at all or that large parts of it aren't what he says. But that's why I don't really endorse the thing, and just let him chunder away in that tucked away subforum with it without offering any real help to him. If you think it's bull**** then just ignore it.
I think some of it is bull****, but then that only makes it a weak sim, not necessary that Slyza's up to nefarious mischief.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think some of it is bull****, but then that only makes it a weak sim, not necessary that Slyza's up to nefarious mischief.
Yeah there's a big difference between a lot of the stats being entirely randomised/not part of the sim and him deliberately giving himself high ratings or injuring people he doesn't like. Which is where we drew the line.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah there's a big difference between a lot of the stats being entirely randomised/not part of the sim and him deliberately giving himself high ratings or injuring people he doesn't like. Which is we drew the line.
Exactly. The poor sod's been trying (which is also a little annoying) as he's been messaging me constantly asking my advice on how he should post things up, how he should go about things etc. Which is good, because a lot of his mistakes have been because he's posted something and then someone's convinced him to change his mind. You can't do that.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
Yeah nah I get that, but like, when I said 'N hunt 100 because the sim is in his head' it was more a comment that he can make up what he wants because the sim doesn't exist - clearly. Not a 'if it does he favours himself' - because I'm 100% certain he's not favouring himself, I think this is all just an elaborate hoax that he thinks will gain him respect (running a sim). I'd cop the infraction for accusations of the sim not being real - but you've admitted that you wouldn't infract that! My comment was about that, not about slyza favouring himself.

It's just frustrating that even you know it's a fake rob, and you're letting it happen. like I get you \_/ it and all but some people do care, if y'know what I mean.

So now I'll come back on 19 points yeah? and 1 more point and it's a week ban? okay. Seems incredibly harsh for speaking mine and everyone else's mind.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah nah I get that, but like, when I said 'N hunt 100 because the sim is in his head' it was more a comment that he can make up what he wants because the sim doesn't exist - clearly. Not a 'if it does he favours himself' - because I'm 100% certain he's not favouring himself, I think this is all just an elaborate hoax that he thinks will gain him respect (running a sim). I'd cop the infraction for accusations of the sim not being real - but you've admitted that you wouldn't infract that! My comment was about that, not about slyza favouring himself.

It's just frustrating that even you know it's a fake rob, and you're letting it happen. like I get you \_/ it and all but some people do care, if y'know what I mean.

So now I'll come back on 19 points yeah? and 1 more point and it's a week ban? okay. Seems incredibly harsh for speaking mine and everyone else's mind.
If you didn't mean he was favouring himself then you shouldn't have said what you did tbh.

For those playing along at home, this is all over a one day ban :laugh:
From a forum he asked to be banned from too.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
If you didn't mean he was favouring himself then you shouldn't have said what you did tbh.

For those playing along at home, this is all over a one day ban :laugh:
From a forum he asked to be banned from too.
Yeah but now I'll cop a week ban when I get back as I'm bound to step out of line once. I get it - I get that I need to get a grip just seems pretty h4x. Asked to be banned a few weeks ago, you didn't oblige, time is over, irrotev.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah but now I'll cop a week ban when I get back as I'm bound to step out of line once. I get it - I get that I need to get a grip just seems pretty h4x. Asked to be banned a few weeks ago, you didn't oblige, time is over, irrotev.
20 points = 3 days
30 points = 1 week

HeathDavisSpeed

And anyway, infraction points expire after 6 months. Don't do anything silly for a while, and they'll start rolling off. Looks like 5 roll off in January.

Himannv

International Coach
Why not appoint someone else to do it if thats the case? Wouldn't it contribute to the improvement of the site overall if a better sim is in place?

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
Why not appoint someone else to do it if thats the case? Wouldn't it contribute to the improvement of the site overall if a better sim is in place?
I've been volunteering for months. Even had the support of the posters but didn't get the go-ahead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We didn't appoint him to do it in the first place. It's not a sim that we feel is important to the site in any way; he came up to me and asked if he could run it so I said whatevz and made him a moderator of a subforum. We don't have team subforums for it, logos for it, username tags etc.. it's basically an unofficial sim that I just "let" him run in there. If he does a good job I'll upgrade it from that but well, so far it doesn't look likely. You're always free to just ignore it like I largely do. :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
Harden up skippos. back in my day when we were banned we scored centuries in offseason club cricket semi finals to win the game.

you should be dropped from the nz side and your spot given to me.