• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lar Lid or Lad?

Which one?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I say both 'lar' and 'lad' as part of my natural vocab, but say lid all the time jestfully. So voting for the other option.

andmark

International Captain
I reckon the only acceptable word out of the three is Lad. Lar is just eliminating the use of the D in lad, and lid is replacing the A for an I. Lad was obviously where all of the words dervive from. I use lad naturally in life. I'm voting for Lar

cpr

International Coach
Never heard lid before, NFI what the hell it means. Scouse bloke at work uses lad far too much, almost as much as I use man in the same vein. Conversations between use are epically insightful

'Alright lad?'
'Aye, you alright man?'
'aye, sound'

The hours just fly by. Hence why I'm voting Darth Vader.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As a denizen of the fens I usually use our preferred regional alternative of "boy" (hence the username, as it goes), which should, correctly, be pronounced "buh".

& "lid" is rhyming slang: bin lid = kid.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I say Lad fairly often, but whenever I speak to Richard I address him as Sir, so will vote that for the purposes of this thread.

cpr

International Coach
Lad only used with a derogatory remark after by me tbh.

eg, you'd say 'That man is a legend', but it'd be 'That lad is a total ****'

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should build a wall just north of Chester, keep you lot talking gibberish up there away from the rest of us.

cpr

International Coach
Be happy for a wall just north of Chester, keep them manky ****s away from us, build it to the east as well and can block Wales in too