• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Throwing Stuff

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When I play backyard cricket, you cannot throw stuff at other people. It will result in two runs. These "things" incldue little gumnuts off tree, grass, shoes (yes, shoes) and other things. the rule was brought in at the arrival of the shoe, as it happened I got out, after Sanka threw a shoe at me. He won the innings due to this, with the worst bowler (Matt) still haveing 3 balls to go, off which I neede 1 run.

Well one day, needing 4 runs to rake the lead (and virtaully win) and to reach my double century (dont ask, wierd scoring system), Nick got me out. I was so dissapointed, knowing I had lost.

The next bastman in was David, whos average was only twenty and high score was 104. Yes we actually calculate this. He had no hope of reaching 200, so Nick (the one who got me out) was going to win.

Sanka (the shoe guy) then decided he didnt want Nick to win and threw 4 gumnuts at me! results in 8 runs, winning me the match and giving me my first double centrury. Nick was so dissapointed and annoyed at Sanka that he began yelling and screaming at him.

Since then the throwing rule has changed, as have the scoring system. Well, the thrpowing rule hasnt really cganged, just the scoring system making less attractive. Now bowling is included to your score, subtracting it from a HUGE batting total, sometimes over 300, but most scores end up at about 60. This meaning that if you throw something at someone, they get 10 runs and you have ten runs against your bowling, giving you a lower final score.
And if the outcome of your score has already been decided, the runs go to the next innings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When I first arrived at Cricketweb, I really couldnt post to save myself, could I?

I put forward a motion to have this thread removed, due to the complete rubbish it contains. Worst post ever.

Deja moo

International Captain
I bet you're good at Cups too. You must be one of those guys who always lands the Saucer card.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
James90 said:
No-one would ever have known if you hadn't dug this up. Poor form.
Not correct. Someone in another forum actually dug it up to bag me out. He seemed very determined to dig up some dirt though, considering that not only did he google "Prince EWS" but he then joined Cricketweb just to use the search feature.

thierry henry

International Coach
Actually, you would've still only been 14 at the time. Almost all 14/15 year old posters are pretty much ******** though. I remember well when you totally sucked EWS, and have been surprised of late to find you a much improved poster, but of course that was always going to occur naturally over time. You still have a way to come though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I remember well when you totally sucked EWS
Yes, so do I.

In fact, if I came into contact with 13-14 old "me" on a forum of any sort, I would probably absolutely hate them and get into repeated arguements.

I apologise to all for two years of absolutely pathetic posts - and not just on Cricketweb, on all forums.

Rusty

Cricket Spectator
Lol @ this thread in general.

You'll have to post up your official Backyard Cricket Scoring System mate! :D

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I bet you're good at Cups too. You must be one of those guys who always lands the Saucer card.
:lol:

(delayed I know, but just got on to this. Love this thread)

Prince's transformation shows what we can come to expect from some of our younger posters. CDM's recent improvement means he's already come on leaps and bounds in the last 6 months, imagine what he could be like in 3-4 years (if he still posts here)

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Actually, you would've still only been 14 at the time. Almost all 14/15 year old posters are pretty much ******** though. I remember well when you totally sucked EWS, and have been surprised of late to find you a much improved poster, but of course that was always going to occur naturally over time. You still have a way to come though.
You were 14/15 too!!!
But i guess because you are so up urself you taugh you were a right tough guy.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha. I cringe whenever I find my old posts. Not that the new ones are any better, mind you.

LukeTyson

Cricket Spectator
When I play backyard cricket, you cannot throw stuff at other people. It will result in two runs. These "things" incldue little gumnuts off tree, grass, shoes (yes, shoes) and other things. the rule was brought in at the arrival of the shoe, as it happened I got out, after Sanka threw a shoe at me. He won the innings due to this, with the worst bowler (Matt) still haveing 3 balls to go, off which I neede 1 run.

Well one day, needing 4 runs to rake the lead (and virtaully win) and to reach my double century (dont ask, wierd scoring system), Nick got me out. I was so dissapointed, knowing I had lost.

The next bastman in was David, whos average was only twenty and high score was 104. Yes we actually calculate this. He had no hope of reaching 200, so Nick (the one who got me out) was going to win.

Sanka (the shoe guy) then decided he didnt want Nick to win and threw 4 gumnuts at me! results in 8 runs, winning me the match and giving me my first double centrury. Nick was so dissapointed and annoyed at Sanka that he began yelling and screaming at him.

Since then the throwing rule has changed, as have the scoring system. Well, the thrpowing rule hasnt really cganged, just the scoring system making less attractive. Now bowling is included to your score, subtracting it from a HUGE batting total, sometimes over 300, but most scores end up at about 60. This meaning that if you throw something at someone, they get 10 runs and you have ten runs against your bowling, giving you a lower final score.
And if the outcome of your score has already been decided, the runs go to the next innings.
:laugh: Great story Rob.