Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Throwing Stuff

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo View Post
    I bet you're good at Cups too. You must be one of those guys who always lands the Saucer card.

(delayed I know, but just got on to this. Love this thread)

Prince's transformation shows what we can come to expect from some of our younger posters. CDM's recent improvement means he's already come on leaps and bounds in the last 6 months, imagine what he could be like in 3-4 years (if he still posts here)
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry View Post
    Actually, you would've still only been 14 at the time. Almost all 14/15 year old posters are pretty much ******** though. I remember well when you totally sucked EWS, and have been surprised of late to find you a much improved poster, but of course that was always going to occur naturally over time. You still have a way to come though.
    You were 14/15 too!!!
    But i guess because you are so up urself you taugh you were a right tough guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Haha. I cringe whenever I find my old posts. Not that the new ones are any better, mind you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Hey man, cheesie on rye?
    penis

Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    When I play backyard cricket, you cannot throw stuff at other people. It will result in two runs. These "things" incldue little gumnuts off tree, grass, shoes (yes, shoes) and other things. the rule was brought in at the arrival of the shoe, as it happened I got out, after Sanka threw a shoe at me. He won the innings due to this, with the worst bowler (Matt) still haveing 3 balls to go, off which I neede 1 run.

Well one day, needing 4 runs to rake the lead (and virtaully win) and to reach my double century (dont ask, wierd scoring system), Nick got me out. I was so dissapointed, knowing I had lost.

The next bastman in was David, whos average was only twenty and high score was 104. Yes we actually calculate this. He had no hope of reaching 200, so Nick (the one who got me out) was going to win.

Sanka (the shoe guy) then decided he didnt want Nick to win and threw 4 gumnuts at me! results in 8 runs, winning me the match and giving me my first double centrury. Nick was so dissapointed and annoyed at Sanka that he began yelling and screaming at him.

Since then the throwing rule has changed, as have the scoring system. Well, the thrpowing rule hasnt really cganged, just the scoring system making less attractive. Now bowling is included to your score, subtracting it from a HUGE batting total, sometimes over 300, but most scores end up at about 60. This meaning that if you throw something at someone, they get 10 runs and you have ten runs against your bowling, giving you a lower final score.
    And if the outcome of your score has already been decided, the runs go to the next innings.
    Great story Rob.

When I play backyard cricket, you cannot throw stuff at other people. It will result in two runs. These "things" incldue little gumnuts off tree, grass, shoes (yes, shoes) and other things. the rule was brought in at the arrival of the shoe, as it happened I got out, after Sanka threw a shoe at me. He won the innings due to this, with the worst bowler (Matt) still haveing 3 balls to go, off which I neede 1 run.

Well one day, needing 4 runs to rake the lead (and virtaully win) and to reach my double century (dont ask, wierd scoring system), Nick got me out. I was so dissapointed, knowing I had lost.

The next bastman in was David, whos average was only twenty and high score was 104. Yes we actually calculate this. He had no hope of reaching 200, so Nick (the one who got me out) was going to win.

Sanka (the shoe guy) then decided he didnt want Nick to win and threw 4 gumnuts at me! results in 8 runs, winning me the match and giving me my first double centrury. Nick was so dissapointed and annoyed at Sanka that he began yelling and screaming at him.

Since then the throwing rule has changed, as have the scoring system. Well, the thrpowing rule hasnt really cganged, just the scoring system making less attractive. Now bowling is included to your score, subtracting it from a HUGE batting total, sometimes over 300, but most scores end up at about 60. This meaning that if you throw something at someone, they get 10 runs and you have ten runs against your bowling, giving you a lower final score.
    And if the outcome of your score has already been decided, the runs go to the next innings.
    When I first arrived at Cricketweb, I really couldnt post to save myself, could I?

I put forward a motion to have this thread removed, due to the complete rubbish it contains. Worst post ever.
    C'mon, Prince EWS - we can't delete this gold. That'd be like telling the voiceover guy on The Wonder Years he's fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    C'mon, Prince EWS - we can't delete this gold. That'd be like telling the voiceover guy on The Wonder Years he's fired.
    I really wish people would stop bumping it.

I can delete it myself now if need be.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    It is being incorporated into ICC's Laws on Throwing Rules for Backyard Cricket to be published in Wisden 2008 the last I heard.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeTyson View Post
    Great story Rob.
    Umm... nice dig...
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Umm... nice dig...
    I know him from another forum. He came here to dig it up (and join CWXI)..

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Mine is an old piece of junk. Some random brand called double drive or something and is designed specifically for tapeball cricket.

Oops, it appears that I have accidentally posted in the wrong thread.

Anyway, the original post seems well interesting, and I think that such innovative rules should become a mainstay at all levels of the game.
    Last edited by shortpitched713; 07-12-2007 at 12:29 AM.
    Proud 2nd member of GM-OLAS
    Honorary Assistant Vice-President and Inquisitor General of T2IBS (Twenty-20 is Boring Society)

Fraz highlights the defining aspect of Shoaib's legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Those humanitarian works etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I feel Tendulkar's association with the money minting exploitation of cricket fandom by certain varying commercial interests tarnishes his greatness a tad.

FFS, why must people keep digging this? So very dire.

Have there been any rule updates to the rules to create a more exciting brand of cricket?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Have there been any rule updates to the rules to create a more exciting brand of cricket?
    FFS stop digging this, Downpipes.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Reckon PEWS tells all his mates about this and encourages them to dig it. Secretly loves the attention.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information