• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CRISIS POINT reached

Fiery

Banned
Agree.

Drambuie is also good for a freezing night, just before bed. Especially if you're out with a few bros in the bush, hunting, fishing etc.

I'm envious that you do that tbh. Having a wee one puts a halt to that sort of thing for a while...not that I've ever done much hunting, but plenty of fishing

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm envious that you do that tbh. Having a wee one puts a halt to that sort of thing for a while...not that I've ever done much hunting, but plenty of fishing
Yip. Haven't done it myself in a while. Went down to Stewart Island last year and went bush for a while, but didn't do any hunting. No - have to be with certain mates of mine who are into that sort of thing. Haven't done it in a while, but have stayed at a few backcountry huts since I've been back in NZ. Thinking of attacking the seven-day Dusky Track this summer. Might get through a whole bottle on that bad-boy!

Fiery

Banned
Yip. Haven't done it myself in a while. Went down to Stewart Island last year and went bush for a while, but didn't do any hunting. No - have to be with certain mates of mine who are into that sort of thing. Haven't done it in a while, but have stayed at a few backcountry huts since I've been back in NZ. Thinking of attacking the seven-day Dusky Track this summer. Might get through a whole bottle on that bad-boy!
We went to Stewart Island for an Easter booze cruise when I was at Otago on a fishing boat called the Deep Star. Good time actually. We got invited to the Easter Hop by some locals at the pub so spent a great night with all the Stewart Islanders at the Town Hall. Caught a ****load of blue cod on the way there and back too

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We went to Stewart Island for an Easter booze cruise when I was at Otago on a fishing boat called the Deep Star. Good time actually. We got invited to the Easter Hop by some locals at the pub so spent a great night with all the Stewart Islanders at the Town Hall. Caught a ****load of blue cod on the way there and back too
I'm a big fan of Stewart Island and the hospitality you get down there, but even considering that; it sounds like you fell on your feet down there. Blue cod too... pretty damn good fishing by the sounds!

Fiery

Banned
I'm a big fan of Stewart Island and the hospitality you get down there, but even considering that; it sounds like you fell on your feet down there. Blue cod too... pretty damn good fishing by the sounds!
Yep... good time had by all. Man, I could do with a holiday like that right about now. Ah well, got a mate's stag weekend at Mt Maunganui in about a month to look forward to.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
'Tis, I is afraid.

(This could go on a while... and make everyone feel like they're back in toddlers...)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, you started it by suggesting there was it's-the-way-it-is rather than personal preference.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah good, for a minute there I was worried that this high-quality thread may descend into chaos

FTR, Bacardi> all other spirits & whisky

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Should Rich's first bevarage of the evening be a Gaymer's Original, a Bulmer's Original or a Magners?
Is this what you are referring to Rich?

Not familiar with any of them tbh, but I'll shoot with Magner's