Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CRISIS POINT reached

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline

Now you can panic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    All these Broad fans are no doubt Kohli fans too. Fans of tosspot wankers.

Find most spirits a bit dire these days tbh, mainly because I have gone off them having drank them and making myself sick, perhaps if I didn't mix them they wouldnt be so bad.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I can never drink more than a couple of the same spirit(+mix) in one go. That is, I can drink a vodka-orange then a vodka-RedBull then a vodka-strawberry-juice, etc. (x2 if needbe) but I have to constantly change flavour.

Gets hopelessly boring and eventually stops going down if I don't vary it. I generally get closest to being sick \ hungover if I just drink cider - for the obvious reason that it's far more of a dehydrant than spirit-mixes.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Not one for the 'manly' drinks then Rich

Nope. While others are drinking lager and whisky I'm unashamedly following ciders with Reefs, Bacardi Breezers etc. Couldn't give a damn TBH, and those I drink with have long since gotten bored of the tired cliches.

In fairness, Reef will get you smashed if you drink enough of it.

Go for Lager more than anything these days, or wine, can't stand most Ciders any more.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    In fairness, Reef will get you smashed if you drink enough of it.
    Yeah - 15 bottles or so. Have had nights where I've just drunk Reef from start to finish because it's been dirt cheap and I quite like it. Without cider to start off with, it barely touches the sides. Same is true of spirit mixes.

For some reason, if I'm to get remotely decently drunk I have to start with cider.

Obviously prefer to have no more than 2-3 Reefs per night, as with all drinks as I say above.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yeah - 15 bottles or so. Have had nights where I've just drunk Reef from start to finish because it's been dirt cheap and I quite like it. Without cider to start off with, it barely touches the sides. Same is true of spirit mixes.

For some reason, if I'm to get remotely decently drunk I have to start with cider.

Obviously prefer to have no more than 2-3 Reefs per night, as with all drinks as I say above.
    Haha indeed, it goes for about 1 a bottle on certain nights in certain pubs around here, is a nice quick fix when you are beginning a night, though I try to generally avoid it as its a bit sugary for my taste. Have been put off Cider since trying some that was about 9% in terms of strength, was foul tstl.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Nope. While others are drinking lager and whisky I'm unashamedly following ciders with Reefs, Bacardi Breezers etc. Couldn't give a damn TBH, and those I drink with have long since gotten bored of the tired cliches.
    I don't get out as much these days, but when I do I try to make up for it. I really find anymore than 3-4 beers to start of with, and I feel really bloated, so I tend to hit the spirits more now, or the red wine.

That 80% stuff should be sold more widely though. If you're at the pub and you run out of petrol , you could always start your car with it. Ridiculous stuff really.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Mixing Cider and Vodka is the worst mistake I've yet to make in my short life

Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    Whisky and wine is worse, I can assure you.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Red Goon and Powerade aint great.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I suppose some people are extra-sensitive to certain things, but I suspect this sentence would read more accurately as "mixing rather too much cider and rather too much vodka is the worst mistake I've yet to make in my short life" TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha indeed, it goes for about 1 a bottle on certain nights in certain pubs around here, is a nice quick fix when you are beginning a night, though I try to generally avoid it as its a bit sugary for my taste.
    Haha, that's very difficult (though not completely impossible) for me.

Being too sugary, that is.
    Have been put off Cider since trying some that was about 9% in terms of strength, was foul tstl.
    I've had clear ciders that've been 8-9% before now - mostly I find they just taste like white wine without the tang. I didn't particularly dislike them (and I LOVE the proper 7.3% cloudy golden scrumpy ciders - especially as they're always in abundance down here) but well... if I want white wine I have white wine.

Haha, that's very difficult (though not completely impossible) for me.

Being too sugary, that is.

I've had clear ciders that've been 8-9% before now - mostly I find they just taste like white wine without the tang. I didn't particularly dislike them (and I LOVE the proper 7.3% cloudy golden scrumpy ciders - especially as they're always in abundance down here) but well... if I want white wine I have white wine.
    Scrumpy ciders are those I avoid, simply because they are potent to the point where I can't taste anything bu nastiness, other Ciders like the big brands (bulmers etc...) I just avoid because they're not that great for my taste personally. Have never found any cider to taste like white wine though, if I had, I probably wouldn't mind it.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information