• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

#Link to Testing Forum#

Testing Forum

• Option 1

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Option 2

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Option 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 4

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Option 5

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Option 6

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Option 7

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Option 8

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Irrelevant Option 1

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • You Sunk My Battleship.

Votes: 46 56.1%

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How are my odds less than GIMH? I've not even sworn yet ****.
How do I even have odds, my record is clean, don't be giving me this guilty by association crap, looks like sledger has got me into trouble, it's just like Romeo & Juliet

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
deeps turns 23 today. WAG.

Who can forget such moments as:

Exactly. That is the key point. He is not just a bowler who will hold up an end. He is a wicket taking bowler. And he doesn't only take the wickets of tail enders, he takes key wickets at important times.
I used to never wear one but I decided to do so a few seasons ago. Now i wear one almost all the time.

Incidentally, i got hit on the helmet for the first time last week:p
incidentally, one of the first series he captained too iirc
Or the following unforgettable posts:

If there was no ball tampering, why is there no penalty for Hair then? Surely the action he took was drastic, and caused Inzamam to take the action he did.

So what if KP wasn't happy with the ball? If only I could say 'nah, i don't like that ball', for every ball that was swinging.

So England are allowed to reverse swing the ball in 15 overs, and nobdoy bats an eyelid, and then when Pakistan do it in a more traditional 55 overs, there's a big problem?
If it's last 2 years, think Afridi deserves at least a spot on that list.

Since 1/1/04 in 12 tests

batting avg: 43
bowling avg: 37.65
3 Centuries
4 half centuries
26 wickets

His bowling is a bit weak, but I think it's still worthy of consideration at least. I'd certainly rate him more of an all rounder than vaas, vetorri etc.
The brilliant insight supplied to us again and again:

yeh i had reference points on the back fence..i'd aim for that to bowl perfect yorkers. The point for an inswinging yorker to a right handed batsman, was about a metre - a metre and a half outside off stump
Theyd still only have 10 fielders, which has a big bearing on the game

Its just hyped up by the media and the match referee made a mistake imo giving him such a large suspension. One test, OR two one dayers. Shouldn't have been both imo.

Let's see what a few ppl have to say about it:

"Shahid Afridi did nothing worse last week than 99% of professional cricketers have been guilty of doing at some stage of their careers. His mistake was to get caught. Every cricket team I played in discussed, at some stage, how to scuff up a pitch on a spinner's length."
Mike Atherton puts pitch-scuffing in context

And

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/columnists/story/0,10260,1649139,00.html?gusrc=rss

As i said, it's nothing, and it's just made out to be huge
greatest crickers ever, i disagree. Potentially, definately. He has loads of potential

and yes a brilliant fieldsman, but he seems to have put down a few catches of late
wats up with Tremlett? he seemed to be a good prospect?

deeps, I salute you

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Genuine laughter at the past page or so, and the recently closed thread.

Both to go for 7, FTW.

NZTailender

Don't think this thread can ever reach the dizzying heights of the old Link to... thread. just reading through now, tempted to do a Best of post.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Old 24-10-2006, 10:15 AM #1
benchmark00
Banned

Well, It's Time to Go, But first...
Over the next short while I'll round up my posting duties on CW. Since a select few moderators are being unreasonable in deciphering the difference between what's fun and not, and the few rumours I've heard of how the forums will be run won't help the cause. Disappointing it's come to this (Nixon living in the 1840's and all), but I'm off like a dead sheep in a heatwave. But first, I have a few things to get off my chest...

marc71178 - Haha, that's all I can say. You're nearly 30, live with your parents and an accountant. Oh boy, what does one say that everybody else isn't allready thinking?
cricketboy29 - Total gun, underrated
dontcloseyoureyes - Will finally get the attention he's been desperately seeking since day one, really lame attempts to act cool over the last week also (Y)
GeraintIsMyHero - Seriously, absolutely dire. Any chance of you actually learning about the game of cricket before you write articles on it? You give England a bad name with your self-indulgent crap, thinking everything revolves around your country. Open your eyes for once.
Pasag - Dire bloke, but he's got runs on the board.
Jungle Jumbo - Indeed
Fraz - EPO, son, EPO.
Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
Threes - Good kid at heart, stomach ulcers for a missus though.
Alternative - Altoz, top bloke this one. Loves to throw around :rolleyes:, and when he does, you better watch out
NZTailender - Top bloke
Igor Clubshub - Legend
ch00baka - My soul mate
Steulen - Stooooooools, what a gun
Mr Mxyzptlk - Arch nemesis, it's been fun. You may have won the battle, but you'll never win the war.
Neil Pickup - Need a root or something hey, relax a bit mate.
Langeveldt - You've had some top moments, but you'll leave this world with the knowledge that you brought "Ohhhhh jeeeze" into prominance.
luckyeddie - You can have your site back now, unfortunately, you still won't be funny
broncoman - What's the difference between me and you? 105 kilos and 98 IQ points. Stop posting pictures of yourself you pizza faced goon, seriously, once is way too much, poor Darryn Lockyer
Craigos - Total gun, you're the man craigos, keep on plugging away.
lord_of_darkness - Word
age_master - What can I say? He's the master of age.
Mister Wright - Piss poor excuse for a bloke, you are.
andyc - Cameron, in all your gimpiness, you have your OK moments.
steds - Total gun, one of the only things stopping England from turning into a land of GIMH's.
FaaipDeOiad - Top 3 posters on this site, and I'm only saying that because he'll have me beaten with a sack full of door knobs otherwise.
SJS - Indian version of Master Splinter.
LongHopCassidy - Gun. Class all the way.
Nnanden - Patto, total gun. Keep chipping away.
superkingdave - Best poster on the site. Complete package this bloke, has all the shots in the book, and until everyone realises this, the site will still be in the dark ages.
BoyBrumby - Worthy winner of the BOTM. Top bloke, very humorous.
Jono - Good bloke, knows his footy, always up for a bit of banter on early 90's pop culture like Captain Planet.
Pratyush - 'Usher. Good egg this one, will go far.
aussie - Me buss me gun without license - hard nut.
Samuel_Vimes - Try being less English, hey? As a prominant poster once said "Arguing with Vimes is like arguing with Pickup, only that Vimes has never seen a game of cricket"
Jamee999 - Probably should move on from last years ashes.
PY - Mixes shades of normalness with gimpiness.
James - Your poor inter personal skills will always hold you back from running a perfect forum, but at least you gave it a crack. Your decision to appoint 'Those 3' as moderators will always baffle me, but you got what you wanted. By the way, how many cones were down the hatchet when you made that decision. Cheers.
Scaly piscine - You'd think a man who has everything (chicks, ability to unjumble a scrabble rack) would be more tolerant, but here's the walking contradiction. Go for a run or something son, stop being so angry.
roseboy64 - One day you'll get the girl
Sudeep - Suds McDuff, King of Six-Packistan
sledger - Sledge, had some golden moments. Will always be known for the harshest, most succinct abuse in the business. Top stuff.
vic_orthdox - Gun bloke, best moderator by **** loads. Will go far in life, maybe even past the Golburn Valley one day.
Cloete - Tendancy to lean towards gimpiness, but a good kid at heart, maybe.
Robertinho - 'Tinho, came back into some great form of late, monster on the circuit.
benchmark00 - Good looker
burkey_1988 - Maybe this will let you achieve your dream that Clarence spoke so vividly of in his infamous thread that was closed.
Sanz - Another bold move from the coterie IMO
C_C - ****
nibbs - As above
Voltman - Very humorous guy, keen eye for ***ual innuendo, keep on plugging away.
Barney Rubble - Great bloke, almost too nice at times, but that's a good thing. G'work.
Mr Casson - Genius. Some of the things you come up with is gold, bring back the guides I hear the fans say.
bugssy - Very eloquent in the way you speak
Piper - I'd go her. Keep reaching for those stars
Adamc - (See FaaipDeOiad). Haha nah, top bloke, if not bordering on ****ish tendancies.
Blewy - I don't know you, but I'm sure if I did know you, I wouldn't like you.
Buddhmaster - Big bad bustling Buddhy Blackman. Will crack skulls.
Pedro Delgado - Very funny and impressive guy, comes out with a few crackers.
Top_Cat - cbf
Loony BoB - Way to ruin CW. Would like to think I could share the blame, but I can't. I have on good authority, contrary to what James is saying, that you went ahead and decided to become more strict, then James came in and backed you up. Absolutely piss poor.
Slow Love™ - Meh. White bread.
SupaFreak2005 - Can post birds, this bloke.
_Ed_ - Nicest bloke, dead set. Total gun, is Edmunds. In the top few posters around.
Kweek - Maybe if you weren't dutch, hey? Nah has his moments
Linda - Knows the score, does Philipps. An inspiration to us all. Has good hair.
KennyD - Gives Asia a good looking face. If my girlfriend was to cheat on me with someone, I'd hope to god that someone was you.
cameeel - Big unit. Knows what's doing, loves his footy. **** of a kid though.
archie mac - Roo boy.
GoT_SpIn - Worst bloke, fair dinkum. How haven't you been banned?
Son Of Coco - Humorous
chris.hinton - Haha what a bloke. Will always be an enigma.
ash chaulk - Fair gun, will always get laughs no matter where he goes.
Anna - I'm not saying we did hook up, but I'm certainly not saying we didn't...
Hoggy31 - Was once decent, then turned into a pre-pubescent girl
Dasa - Avatar scares me, I remember when you used to have Lesley from Super International Cricket as your avatar, bring it back son.
Matteh - Get some sleep son, you've had a big life. Total gun though, no wonder he wasn't born in England.
David - What a guy. Great bloke.

I'd like to think I've had a few defining moments throughout my CW career, and here are a list of some I hold in high regard:

* Paint Turtle
* Winning the innaugral Biglands snooker tournament
* Rodgiegate
* The Pinchy banning
* Inside Scoop with Chris.Hinton
* Not joining Dev League

I've also found it interesting how James promotes this site as a 'family forum', then tells people to "grow up," massive contradiction if you ask me. Also, I didn't ask people to change their avatars to the infamous monkey, although it was humorous. I didn't disagree with the banning (although I never received a warning or prior ban, unlike others), I saw it as the price I had to pay to get my point across that Towns (or whoever) has gone way OTT.

Just to clarify, this isn't an attempt to hold the mods to ransom, I've just heard a few things about how the site will be run shortly, and decided I don't want to be apart of it. I won't rule out coming back in the future if the forums are run differently, although this is doubtful.

This won't be my last post, but unless things remarkably improve over the next day or so (which I highly doubt), I'll be gone by the week or so, you can catch me on MSN if you're really gaggin' for it. Good work Towns, lets see if the mods have the gumption to keep this thread open, after all, if they can't handle the truth, there's a problem.

Catch.

benchmark00 is offline Report Post

NZTailender

#Link to Cricket Chat forum# - The Best Of

From it's humble inception, to it's epic heyday and then finally, the darkest hour - closing, #Link to Cricket Chat forum# remains as one of the high points - if not the high point - of CricketWeb.net forums.

Join me as I look over some of the best, the worst, the bizarre and noteworthy moments of the infamous thread.

NZTailender

Part One: Beginnings

On the 12th of April, 2005, a simple post with the intention of testing is made by forum legend and milk quaffer, Deja moo:

test C :ph34r: r 8-) i :cool: c :huh: k :blink: e :p t Chat :happy:

Who knew what would follow after this seemingly innocuous post? Couple that with multiple poll options that seem virtually the same, the stage was set.

Nearly a month later, the man, the gut, the legend, Buddhmaster started proceedings:
Maybe I should spend my useless life in here, so my post count doesnt go threw the roof.

And thus, one of life's great horrors is born.