• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Media and Pres releases

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Where the media will leave stories , rumors and other pieces of interesting articles,. Players feel free to leave any piece of interesting writing.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year

Welcome, my name is Tom Burns and tonight we are interviewing one of the Webbers star recruits Bugsy Malone, here at ESPN Headquarters.Bugsy thankyou for joining us tonight.
BM: Thanks for having me here tom

TB: So tell us Bugsy, How has the transition been from australia over to our fine english soil?

BM: Tom it has been really good. The club has done everything with in its power to get us feeling like home and getting us all settled in. Been a really good transition so far.

TB: The mixture of players has come from all over the world.Any teething problems.?

BM: Everyone has gotten on really well. 3 weeks ago we went on a training camp and got buddied up with different people each night so we all got to know each other. Some got to know some bad points of ost of us (ha ha ha) bodily functions ifyou know what i mean.

TB: Rob Malone is your coach mate, tell us how he is going?

BM: Yer dad (yer he is my dad) is going well. he has done alot of hard work behind the scenes that no one else sees, but he is building us up nicely and he is looking forward to stying with the club and keepig us core group around for ages and really winning alot of tropheys and tittles.

TB: You think you will get any slack given your dads the manager ?

BM: Complete opposite, if anything he gives me more crap than the other guys, but hey all i have to do is play good footy and we should be right. Obviously we have a massive campaign and schedule with 48 games + cups and knockouts we will probably play 50 - 60 games depending on how well we go so Manager Malone has all ready stated we will be having some rotation system through out the year and with injuries etc it all works out.

TB: 1st friendly was a good result?

BM: Yer it was a great result. The boys played well and really looked the goods for the clubs first game. HE did make 10 subs in the first half and we thought that may change the way the game went but it was like we just kept the hammer down and a 5 - 0 win was good.

TB: You didnt even get on the bench. any concerns?

BM:. mate i would have loved to play the first game, Manager Malone knows my game, and i would have loved to have started but its only early, plenty of time to get some game time before the season. not concerned mate, Not yet anyway ha ha ha.

TB: Season predictions? Does the club have any.?

BM. If i was to say no i would be lying. Every club no matter what level has standards and wants the silverware at the end of each season. I think some media outlets have got us down for promotion, that would be nice but we will just have to wait and see how we go. Teams will be looking to play all over us, we are a very young side, average of of only 19 so i think alot of teams will think we will be easy push overs. If we get promoted or make the play offs fantastic but i dont think management will be too upset if the first year we just find our feet and the English conditions. lot of us are not from england so.

TB: One last question mate. Have you meant the man. Bill Gates?

BM: Our second night with the club, we where taken out to dinner to mingle with guests , sponsors and get to know every one and Bill was there. He did talk to us and is a really nice guy. Has put alot into the club and has stated he will invest even more if need be with new stadiums etc and is in the process of getting some major sponsors which i can not say but believe will be announced evry shortly.

TB: Well Bugsy Malone thank you very much, enjoy your time here in england and lets see big things from the webbers, and mate if your ok with it i will come back and interview you at the end of the season.

BM: No problem mate, see you then.

TB: Well there you have it, the first official Webbers FC interview, we will have many more of these hrough out the season so stay tuned for more from you leader in sports. ESPN!​