• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OLD* T20 Discussion and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
No excuse the bowling was dire from everone concerned...still we didn't really need the win, it'll be good to just bring our ego's down a notch.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Wouldn't mind some consistency (other than consistently being rubbish).

Dazzlers hitting our straps. Second with the superior NRR. (Y)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Also Liam, I just noticed Ad's being injured for the rest of the tournament. Does that affect his season 14 beginning in any shape or form?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Can't buy ourselves a win it seems, despite my surprisingly good form. Averaging something like 13 IIRC. Niiiiice.

Mohammad Amir
Is this how I signed up? If so, could I please have the spelling changed to Muhammad? Although I usually sign up with MU Amir in these things so people don't misspell my name. Cheers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also Liam, I just noticed Ad's being injured for the rest of the tournament. Does that affect his season 14 beginning in any shape or form?
Should be fit and ready for Season XIV.
Is this how I signed up? If so, could I please have the spelling changed to Muhammad? Although I usually sign up with MU Amir in these things so people don't misspell my name. Cheers.
My mistake. Will adjust in future.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Twenty20 Cup Round 6

Mathemagicians v Upper Body
Rhys Williams returned to form and bailed Upper Body out of trouble to hand Mathemagicians another loss on a surprisingly difficult surface. After the match both captains slammed the pitch, but Williams stayed quiet after he used the slowness of the surface to his advantage. The wristspinner was accurate and gave the ball generous flight, allowing the Mathemagicians to contribute to their downfall with mistimed shots and slogs.

Upper Body struggled first on the pitch, starting with another failure by openers Dan Smith (11) and Liam Camps (4). Neil Pickup threatened to turn the game when he dismissed Chris Dwyer for 2. But Bosco Fitzsimmons settled in for a fighting stand with the unlikely hero, Darren Murphy. Previously Murphy made his name with ugly slogs and lots of luck, but with back against the wall he buckled down and showed his technique to be less than horrible in a stand of 109 with Fitzsimmons. Murphy finished with a boundary off the final ball to complete a third consecutive Twenty20 halfcentury and end the innings on 131-4.

Mathemagicians would have believed themselves in the game, but did not learn the lessons of Murphy and Fitzsimmons before them. Jamee Gray fell to a miscued pull shot, playing too early and spooning a catch to midwicket. Camps then followed up with the wicket of Jayasuriya, the Sri Lankan driving uppishly to Dwyer in the covers. The theme continued even as spin entered the attack. Williams snapped up Burridge driving in the air, then Matt Luff (18) tried to take on Dave Mohammed and picked out mid-on. Alex Crampton was the only stand-out in a generally poor innings. He started by hitting his first ball, against Mohammed, over long-off for six. But for all his attacking efforts, no one would stay with him. Williams went on to take 4 for 14 before Jay Gonzalez wrapped things up with 2 wickets in his only over. Crampton was unbeaten on 26 and Mathemagicians all out for 74.

Upper Body innings 131-4 (20 overs)
DBM Murphy 53* (52), BC Fitzsimmons 52 (47)
NS Pickup 2-15 (3)

Mathemagicians innings 74 ao (10 overs)
AJ Crampton 26* (16), MD Luff 18 (18)
R Williams 4-14 (2)

Upper Body won by 57 runs.
Man of the Match: R Williams

Turistas v Masters XI
Masters XI continued their revival with a third consecutive win by discarding Turistas with ease and some disdain. The visitors arrived on Garven Island with spirits high and a bowling attack in form. They then put it all to use after Brian Lara chose to bowl first. Tyron Henderson bowled a fiery spell to account for the openers for 4 runs between them. In just his second match, John Heads was called into a crisis again. Batting at three this time, Heads responded with a typically aggressive counterattack. He started with two boundaries off Henderson and proceeded to take Saqlain Mushtaq deep over midwicket twice in his first over.

The remainder of the batting crumbled - only Reddlapalli (16) scored double figures - but Heads soldiered on until he was the penultimate wicket in the 9th over, out for 58. Henderson wrapped up the innings a ball later to finish with 4-17. Turistas were all out for 90 in just 8.3 overs and dejectedly returned to the field to try to defend it. But whatever hope there was for the home team was quickly eliminated by the aggressive start of Lance Klusener and Brian Lara. The latter was out for just 11, but by that time the score was already 44. Samit Patel joined Klusener for much of the same. It seemed that the Masters wanted to end the game as quickly as possible, and they took on Gundry to do so. The legspinner surrendered 4 sixes and 31 runs total from the 10 balls he bowled. Masters XI cruised home in 7.4 overs.

Turistas innings 90 ao (8.3 overs)
JJD Heads 58 (27), M Reddlapalli 16 (9)
T Henderson 4-17 (1.3)

Masters XI innings 93-3 (7.4 overs)
L Klusener 43 (21), SR Patel 23 (13), HJH Marshall 16* (5)
DR Smith 1-4 (1)

Masters XI won by 7 wickets.
Man of the Match: T Henderson

Dazzlers v Ninjas
Ninjas battled hard but faced another defeat, this time at the hands of Dazzlers. Ultimately Zac Gelman hit 3 boundaries in a quickfire 20 to guide Dazzlers home with some style with 2 overs spare. Chasing 146, the hard work was done by Daniel Towns (36) and James Stedman (23) at the top of the order. Ninjas fought back with some quick middle order wickets, reflecting the fighting efforts of Muhammad Amir (2-22), leading an impressive pace attack. At 104-5 the game was still alive, but Tom Delonge and Gelman stole that life with a partnership of 19 for the sixth wicket. Greg Thomas took the offstump to send Delonge back and present some small hope, then Fuller dismissed Schofield with 8 still needed. Captain Kingsley Clapham eased any potential pressure, however, twice slapping Fuller past backward point to the boundary to finish the game.

Earlier Ninjas put in a big effort with the bat against some diligent Dazzlers bowling. Ash Chaulk was again the fulcrum at the top of the order, and he responded to the pressure with a typically breezy 46 from 28 balls. The Dazzlers stuck to their task well, however, and chipped away at the middle order, keeping things tight all the way. Chris Schofield was rewarded for his good work with 3 wickets, while Chris Butler was very effective with his medium pace, taking 2 for 11. Fuller was called to the middle with no form of note in the tournament and relegated to the depths of the order. But he grabbed his opportunity well and played a crucial innings of 33 to earn a competitive score of 145-7.

Ninjas innings 145-7 (20 overs)
AP Chaulk 46 (28), SE Fuller 33* (23)
CP Schofield 3-26 (4)

Dazzlers innings 146-7 (18 overs)
DP Towns 36 (27), JE Stedman 23 (16)
GM Thomas 2-18

Dazzlers won by 3 wickets.
Man of the Match: CP Schofield

****atoos v Rabid Wolves
The Twenty20 Cup truly heated up in Fardingham, when the ****atoos completed a 7-wicket win over Rabid Wolves, the second consecutive defeat for the favourites. Rabid Wolves did well to pile on 171 runs when they batted first, but ****atoos confirmed themselves as title contenders by chasing down the total with 7 balls in the bank. Rob Malone masterminded the chase with a display of clean ball-striking, and Kev Gough aside, the Rabid Wolves bowlers hardly looked capable of defending the score.

Rabid Wolves were in early trouble when they lost Dan Rai (0) and Ben Read (2) in the opening exchanges. But Nick Scott was steady with 45 at the top and allowed the middle order to play with some freedom in recovery. It was the effort of Sam Morris that truly turned the game, however. Morris started slowly with 10 from 9 balls, then accelerated to the delight of the crowd to score 63 from his final 21 balls. It was a stunning display, highlighted by 4 sixes in Nayak's second over. Morris reached 73 from 30 balls by hitting Wright for a last ball six to end the innings.

The Wolves would have backed themselves to defend such a large total, particularly after a menacing start by Kev Gough. The fast bowler beat Rob Dauth's bat 5 times in an opening spell of 2-0-5-0. The runs flowed at the other end, however. Nel was poor in his opening spell and though Kieron Pollard took over to break the opening partnership, his bowling was just as disastrous. The two overseas players combined for figures of 6.5-0-92-2 and it was there that the game was truly lost. Malone delighted in driving the ball on the offside, and picked the gaps to perfection. He hit 13 fours but no sixes in his sublime game-winning knock of 78. And with the game heavily in their favour Zac Ritchie (39*) and David Kearsley (16*) delighted in entertaining the crowd with some fine shots toward the end.

Rabid Wolves innings 171-5 (20 overs)
SC Morris 73* (30), NG Scott 45 (41)
KS Wright/TV Weber 1-30 (4)

****atoos innings 173-3 (18.5 overs)
R Malone 78 (37), ZJ Ritchie 39* (27)
KA Pollard 2-52 (3)

****atoos won by 7 wickets.
Man of the Match: R Malone

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Code:
[B]Team		M	W	L	Pts	NRR[/B]
Dazzlers	6	4	2	8	1.08
****atoos	6	4	2	8	0.78
Rabid Wolves	6	4	2	8	0.46
[U]Upper Body	6	4	2	8	0.13[/U]
Masters XI	6	3	3	6	0.67
Mathemagicians	6	2	4	4	-0.2
Turistas	6	2	4	4	-1.96
Ninjas		6	1	5	2	-0.95
That means that Mathemagicians, Turistas and Ninjas are officially eliminated. Masters XI in with a chance, but they have to win their final game against the Dazzlers. Upper Body need to win, or else they may be eliminated by a Masters XI win. NRR is so close that the title is far from decided and even Dazzlers could conceivably be eliminated from the final four in the final round. Thrilling stuff.

Majin

International Debutant
I blame Andre Nel being ****. And my dire 5-ball duck didn't help. :yucky:

Classy innings from Morris though.

pasag

RTDAS
Coming first! Things shaping up very nicley indeed.

Very happy with my batting and I seem to be in the wickets, though the ER is a bit high for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.