• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Team Naming Thread

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
hmm, can I wait until after the warm-ups to name my 1st XI?

The was kind of the point of the games for me. To give guys equal opportunity to impress.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

The was kind of the point of the games for me. To give guys equal opportunity to impress.
VC4 needs a 1st XI for the file otherwise it can't sim properly (not necessarily - Liam could just pick the XI for you, just the VC4 simming file needs to have an incumbent named for each batting position).
Also you need to name your bowling line up.
Plus, if you fail to submit a team sheet it can be used as a default.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is that for the warmups or the season? Kinda throws the designed balance of the team if this is the rule for the season
Well from the start I talked about 11 CW players for 9 spots. The 2 per team rule was never really a secret. It's meant to give CW players as many opportunities as possible.

Mr Mxyzptlk

As Greg alluded to, I've selected a default first XI to allow me to test the database, so you don't need to name a final first XI (so to speak) right now. But before the season begins, you will.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As Greg alluded to, I've selected a default first XI to allow me to test the database, so you don't need to name a final first XI (so to speak) right now. But before the season begins, you will.
Ok, that sounds fine as I didnt want to name an XI until after the warm-ups/try-outs.

As for the 9 CWebbers per team, I didnt see it and it would have changed my drafting strategy. However, if you mentioned it then I guess its my fault for missing it.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Can we use all three in a warmup XI though?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently my bowling orders need to include every available bowling option? Is that right?

If so, here's my edited bowling line up:

1. Davis
2. Wright
3. Bichel, Telemachus
4. de Bruyn
5. Weber
6. Ritchie
7. Kearsley, Nayak
8. Malone

With that for the default line up being:

1. Davis
2. Wright
3. de Bruyn
4. Weber
5. Ritchie
6. Kearsley
7. Malone

Mr Mxyzptlk

-Wednesday 25 June-
Rabid Wolves v T&T @ West Robbham
Ninjas v Jamaica @ Nixonstown
Upper Body v Kent @ East Robbham
****atoos v Scotland @ Fardingham

Teams need to be in by 12pm GMT Tuesday 24 June. Please indicate your wicketkeeper.
Having thought about it for a bit, teams may change their bowling order from game to game. Stats will then be kept externally, as I will edit the database as needs be between games.
Teams may contain all three overseas players in the XI for these warmup matches.
The injury sim will be in effect from this warmup round.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

T&T to play Rabid Wolves

W Perkins
LMP Simmons
D Ganga (c)
DM Bravo
KA Pollard
S Ganga
RA Kelly
G Mohammed (wk)
S Badree
RR Emrit
R Rampaul
M Dillon

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jamaica to play Ninjas

SE Findlay
BA Parchment
DP Hyatt
BP Nash
T Lambert (c)
DE Bernard
CS Baugh (wk)
NO Miller
OV Brown
DBL Powell
JJC Lawson

Mr Mxyzptlk

Scotland to play ****atoos

DF Watts
RR Watson (c)
NS Poonia
GM Hamilton
NFI McCallum
DR Brown
CJO Smith (wk)
RM Haq
CM Wright
JAR Blain
JD Nel

Mr Mxyzptlk

Kent to play Upper Body

JL Denly
RWT Key (c)
M v Jaarsveld
DI Stevens
Azhar Mahmood
GO Jones (wk)
R McLaren
Yasir Arafat
JC Tredwell
Amjad Khan
SJ Cook

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Rabid Wolves v T&T

1. Scott
2. Rai
3. De Silva
4. Read (wkt)
5. Bennett (7)
6. Morris (6)
7. Richards (3)
8. Hauritz (5)
9. Raghav (4)
10. Dunn (2)
11. Nel (1)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
MATHEMAGICIANS

Matt Luff
Jamee Gray*
Sanath Jayasuriya
Andrew Garven
Alex Crampton
Morgan Burridge
Blake Donald
Neil Carter
Adam Collins
Manan Shah
Neil Pickup

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fardingham vs Scotland

Malone
Robertson
Dauth
Ritchie (5)
Mamesh (wk)
Raftery
Kearsley (6)
Nayak (3)
Weber (4)
Wright (2)
Davis (1) (c)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I must have missed the memo. I hope Im not breaking a rule, by not selecting myself, as it seems all other captains are either opening the batting or bowling. Probably all field at slip as well and shout at people to chase the ball. :dry: