• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW Twenty20

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
DWTA. I like the idea of playing alongside new faces, and against friends. Having random allocation would be good for this, while in a draft people might be tempted to pick current team mates out of loyalty.

It's a trial, and I think we should see how it pans out in the way Liam has devised.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
DWTA. I like the idea of playing alongside new faces, and against friends. Having random allocation would be good for this, while in a draft people might be tempted to pick current team mates out of loyalty.

It's a trial, and I think we should see how it pans out in the way Liam has devised.
Cant see the former happening much but agree with going with what Liam think is best. My thoughts were based on different captains having different ideas on team composition and what makes a good T20 team. Having players allocated by CW kinda takes that aspect out.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cant see the former happening much but agree with going with what Liam think is best. My thoughts were based on different captains having different ideas on team composition and what makes a good T20 team. Having players allocated by CW kinda takes that aspect out.
If it were somewhere in between - i.e. a core group of players assigned to each team (maybe 5-7) which the captain would build a team around; the abilities of those already in the squad would influence the subsequent composition of a team, much like WCC.

If you just started from scratch captains would either pick current team mates or go on whoever has the best stats, the latter being fairly logical.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, am pushing for this tbh. Would find it incredibly interesting. Anyone else for it?
Would be incredibly long winded and would draw away from the main contract business. Teams could also end up as "boys' clubs" with lots of the mates gravitating to a side.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

But in actuality, like the IPL, the captain's don't have much say in the squad composition. They work with who has been bought for them. That's the real skill. Besides, captains have the choice of 3 overseas players, which would affect the balance of the squad.

Majin

International Debutant
Looks awesome, should be genius. Wouldn't mind playing for the Fardingham Tallywhackers tbh

Mr Mxyzptlk

The 7 captains have been selected, but the CWBCC is finalizing their contracts with their assigned franchises. Also, career stats will be publish after the England T20.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Would be incredibly long winded and would draw away from the main contract business. Teams could also end up as "boys' clubs" with lots of the mates gravitating to a side.
But I like my friends. :( Haha, understood and agreed with. :)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree with this, particularly the long winded part. I guess you sort of could have it like Thomas suggested with a core 5-7, and the rest drafted, but then who chooses which players get put into the draft etc. etc.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CWBCC Announce Franchise Captains

1. Garven Island (Turistas?) - Xavier Rose*
2. Davistow (Diamond Dazzlers) - Kingsley Clapham*
3. Fardingham (****atoos?) - Heath Davis*
4. Morkambe - Jamee Gray*
5. West Robham (Rabid Wolves?) - Kev Gough*
6. East Robham (Upper Body? :blink:) - Nath Patrick*
7. Nixonstown (Ninjas?) - Greg Thomas*

* accepted

Comments:
Jamee Gray will lead Morkambe, and will hope to draw upon the heavy CW Red support as he searches for success. By the same measure, Xavier Rose will look to the Green faithful as the head of Garven Island.

Kev Gough and Nath Patrick are due to engage in an intense rivalry, as they battle for Robham bragging rights.

Captains may propose franchise names when they accept their contracts.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Kev Gough accepts. Looks good.

Could change but propose- West Robham Rabid Wolves.

Dangerous, aggressive, nasty and a tongue twister. :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3. Fardingham - Heath Davis
Lovely job.

Given the track record of 20:20 sides naming their teams after the local endemic wildlife, may I enquire as to some of the native species of CW Land?

Fardingham Mission Statements

1. To promote the 'fun' aspect of cricket. Fardingham players will be expected to play fair, and play hard. Any players indulging in dubious cricketing activities (e.g. claiming bump balls as catches) will be dropped for one game.
2. To develop the relationship between fans and players. Players will be expected to appear for a discussion forum with fans before the game; lasting not longer than half an hour. Players will also be expected to perform 'bar duty' after the game. This will constitute 3 players from that game's match day team being bar men in the local pub for fans and other players alike.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Lovely job.

Given the track record of 20:20 sides naming their teams after the local endemic wildlife, may I enquire as to some of the native species of CW Land?
Pretty much the same as Australia, except bigger and with extra eyes and toes, owing to the pollution.

Damn Smith LNG...

Mr Mxyzptlk

The CW XI Icons

1. Andrew Cloete (Garven Island)
The greatest batsman CWLand has ever produced, Andrew Cloete will join Xavier Rose in Clowich on Garven Island. Undoubtedly the most recognized CW cricketer of all-time, his presence will be a definite boost to ticket sales.

2. Chris Butler (Davistow)
Butler's greatest achievement for CW XI came in Test cricket, when he struck the first and only triple hundred by a CW XI batsman. But Butler has also found excellent touch in limited Twenty20 cricket opportunities to date. He will play under ODI teammate, Kingsley Clapham.

3. Neil Pickup (Morkambe)
The CW XI captain will add immeasurable value to Morkambe with his experience and legspinning pedigree. Clearly the best T20 spinner in the country to date, Pickup's iconic status cannot be questioned.

4. Håkon Mørk jr. (West Robbham)
Mork was a surprising success for Yorkshire in the shorter form of the game. Throwing technique and caution to the wind, the wicketkeeper-batsman batted down the order and proved a superb finisher with some excellent improvisation at the crease. He's likely to be a key player at West Robbham.

5. Rob Dauth (Fardingham)
Dauth is still yet to firmly establish himself at international level, but with some superb knocks under his belt, it seems only a matter of time. His livewire fielding and classy batting should nicely complement the raw pace of his skipper, Heath Davis.

6. Liam Camps jr. (East Robbham)
The Robbham rivalry is well and truly alive, with Camps jr. matching up against Mork jr. across town. With established batting and bowling skills, Camps is primed to be invaluable for his former Blue teammate, Nath Patrick.

7. Ashley Chaulk (Nixonstown)
There is no better place than Nixonstown for a personality as large as Ashley Chaulk. For years he has dominated List-A cricket in CWLand, and has turned on the style for CW XI since his international recall. After a moderate IPL campaign, Chaulk will look to re-establish himself as one of the best ball-strikers in the country.

These players, like the captains, need to confirm their appointment.

Last edited: