• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Domestic Twenty20?

Domestic T20?

• Total voters

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay. This is to officially gauge the voice of the people on this matter. To date we have only catered for T20 in the odd tour match, club cricket and, of course, the IPL. But there are a couple of (rather imperfect) options to run it domestically.

Option 1:
VC4. There can be no in-game changes of batting order or aggression, and only a pre-set bowling order. The stats would obviously be adjusted for T20esque results, which would come out looking like the IPL/club cricket stuff

Option 2:
HODI. Only the first 20 overs will be played, then the sim can be restarted and the other team would face 20 overs on the same pitch, with the same prevailing conditions. There will also have to be an adjustment of stats here to get T20 scoring rates, and with it some careful testing of the process.

Let's hear your voice then.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah sounds good man, from what i've seen so far VC4 has been pretty good so I could live with that. Obviously if something better comes along then we could use it, but VC4 is fine for now.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AWTA.

However, if it is a very short, perhaps preseason competition where there is maybe one or two rounds it could be feasible.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yes, and with VC4. It'll mean greater management will be needed in the initial picking of a bowling line up. Though there could be problems if players join a team halfway through a season. Though that could be combated simply by having quarter-by-quarter databases.

Or an 'all-at-once' competition that breaks up the Dev League Season at the halfway point. With games each day the whole thing could be run over a week (including finals) depending on the number of times you want each team to play each other.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Not really. I don't see why it would need to be.
There not really an option to add in new players, unless ofcourse you update the database as you go and keep the stats seperately. But a long Twenty20 comp, using VC4 could get quite boring pretty fast. Would probably be better just having a short Twenty20 season and all the matches together, until a better sim comes through.

Mr Mxyzptlk

It would not be a long competition, but it could (and should IMO) be held in at least two parts across the season. One at the start perhaps and then a second half midseason. And given that format, there would have to be the option to add players.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The reason I'd like to have a few games before the start of the season proper is to get a look at how it's all working and make any adjustments to the format of the comp if needs be.

cpr

International Coach
VC4 isnt exactly the most ideal sim, especially not for 20/20, however it sounds marginally better than stopping a 50 over sim after 20 and starting again. Feel we should have a 20/20 comp for completeness really, and yeah, VC is the lesser of the two evils.

Scheduling doesnt really bother me though

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would love to see it in either of the options suggested (2 parts in the year, or all at once mid-season). VC4 seems to work fine for IPL despite it's limitations, and looks a much better option than having to stop halfway through and restart the sim.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
VC4 seems a bit erratic for my liking ie: Thomas being able to take wickets. Would prefer the HODI option and only 20 overs.

:p

But, on a more serious note I think it would add another facet to an already awesome set up, so i'm all for it.