• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Dev League Archive

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
If we do get some player profiles going, we can probably even link to player debuts at FC and OD level, which is more than Cricinfo does.
Me and Håk (and Jamee) tried that once when I thought about getting a website for the Reds...then I couldn't be arsed following it up. The fruits of our labour is attached, though.

Attachments

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
as i posted in the other thread, i've had a play round with Neil's template, the result is linked, probably could do with a bit more colour but its a start.

If someone wants to write summary about players i'm more than happy to make the profile pages if needed.

Player Profile

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Robertinho said:
Just an idea, why doesn't Towns take over control of the CW XI website? Xavier, coincidentally, just said how he wanted to give it up. Towns for webmaster!
No problem there.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just so everyone knows, I don't care what the official thread title says, it's season 10, dammit. :p Seeing "Season 7 - Season X" makes me cringe. I like the layout though. If everyone does their bit on this then the whole thing could be organised quite well. All we need is...

1) People to come up with player blurbs.
2) People to come up with FC debut / OD debut information for each player.
3) People willing to code it up.

I should be able to help with #3 and, for the Colts, I'm happy to help with #2.

EDIT: Dave, reckon you can get that coded to fit on a single page without scrollbars on a standard resolution (1024x768)? Change it to verdana font, 10pt, and hopefully it'll shrink up a bit.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Daniel, In the early part of April I'll be available. So maybe I can help then if you guys aren't finished by then. Hopefully I won't have to.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Not really - I did season 10 without any work from anyone else - just got the files from the threads and went from there. Earlier seasons are being worked on by Liam when it comes to the editing of names on all the stats and scorecards, but you won't need to worry about that since grade cricket is so recent.

I probably won't get to grade cricket until after I'm done with all the past dev league seasons, though. Luckily with this stuff, once you have all the past stuff done, it's really easy to maintain it.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Finally got the time to code up a couple more pages - Season 3 stats now up, hoping to get the schedule done before too long.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, well, I've done Reds profiles, though Kenny hasn't, so I can't post them yet, and then move on to other teams...

EDIT - also must add, that's amazing work Towns, thanks bud ;) I love it how everything is so easy to access, no more downloading ITC records files.

Last edited:

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Robertinho said:
Ok, well, I've done Reds profiles, though Kenny hasn't, so I can't post them yet, and then move on to other teams...

EDIT - also must add, that's amazing work Towns, thanks bud ;) I love it how everything is so easy to access, no more downloading ITC records files.
I've done mine now Rob. Post yet?

Towns, good work.