• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Location Location SubForum

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Is there a chance of you guys placing a new Sub-Forum in the off-topic called "Location Talk" or something.

Where people from the same place can talk about that location stuff. So a thread called "Sydney, Australia" would have all Sydney-siders talking about Sydney stuff, like "How crap the Opera House" etc.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Persaonally i disagree.

Off-topic is all about non-cricket stuff.
This subforum would be about meeting up at games and getting trashed... etc.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Paid The Umpire said:
Persaonally i disagree.

Off-topic is all about non-cricket stuff.
This subforum would be about meeting up at games and getting trashed... etc.
Which OT is used for anyway...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Damn i thought this was gonna mean a forum where we could talk about the excellent property show 'location, location, location' ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't recall T&T ever being hit by a hurricane. God has a special place for us. :) That said, on this occasion, the eye will likely pass over Tobago. That's bad news for them and bad weather for Trinidad. On the flip side, school's out.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The slight difference being that people generally aren't left homeless or dead by snow. Storm warning over now. The hurricane appears to have changed directions. Thank God.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Maybe when our membership doubles we can nag again for regional sub bits... Our SW England contingent is positively thriving... Shame there is not much to talk about here

However north south subsections would be like sorting the wheat from the chavs ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

PY said:
Actually, the homeless get hit very very hard by snow in Britain.
And the homeless in a hurricane....

Thankfully the death count for Tobago is only 1 and for Grenada and Barbados it's 3 and 2 respectively.

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And the homeless in a hurricane....

Thankfully the death count for Tobago is only 1 and for Grenada and Barbados it's 3 and 2 respectively.
I hear it's the worst to hit the Caribbean ever or something? 12 dead across the islands and it's heading towards Jamiaca?

Is your area OK?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Level 5 hurricane. That's as bad as they get. The death count in Grenada is up to 13 and it's on its way to Cuba then Jamaica. After that it's off to Florida.

I really feel sorry for Florida. They expect it on Sunday and it'll be the second hurricane to hit them in less than a month! Also this one is far worse. My prayers are definitely with them.

Trinidad and Tobago is fine compared to Grenada. Grenada was levelled. Here Tobago got some bad damage but wasn't actually hit by the hurricane itself. In Trinidad we just had some heavy rains and some wind. Where I was you'd barely know there was a hurricane about because the south of the island was quite clear after midday.

One thing about natural disasters though, they show that all men are equal because by the end of it, when you're left with not a personal posession in the world, you're just as good as the next guy.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I guess its a good thing that there wasnt more human life lost, but the damage looks awful... Its petered out now?

We're in the process of cancelling our imminent holiday to Jamaica, its a shame because not a particularly wealthy part of the world is going to have their tourism industry hit pretty hard for the moment...