• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

can we have better smileys ?

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
-->

-->

-->

coz that makes it more interesting. Is there a technical problem with this ?

cheers

[Edited on 7/15/02 by scorpio]

[Edited on 7/15/02 by scorpio]

James

Cricket Web Owner
I guess it all comes down to personal preference. What do the rest of you think?

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
i reckon you guys could give it a try coz they are more visible and the present smileys look ********.
cheers

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
no change its all good so far

except the smily for cheesy and laugh are the same thing , Cheesy should be a bit different

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
i am still hoping that may be u might post a poll asking ppl to choose. i personally seen the smilies i have postedbeing used every where. oh well

two other suggestions:

1. when u quote some one the stuff inside the quotes should be in bold. this is default in all other BB's . this helps make things clear.

2. i have to think how to post this..lol

Rich2001

International Captain
I think the best smilie I saw was one in the Cricketweb chat room. It was perfect for those that were annoying you. However Iam not sure if it sets a good example

(you have to keep watching for a few seconds)

Also the ones on the World Club Cricket chat room are good, some that are different to the normal ones.

http://www.cricketweb.net/worldclubcricket/chat.htm

[Edited on 7/18/02 by Rich2001]

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh this is atrocious....

I can't believe that we could be promoting such violence....
;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
just bringing this to the top. will the moderators reply to this ? :I

i still hoping we can get to use animated smilies and have a option to post a poll.

cheers

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi Scorpio,

If you provide me with a list of smilies you want I'll consider adding them.

Poll options and other nice features will come with the new design in late September/early October.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Hi Scorpio,

If you provide me with a list of smilies you want I'll consider adding them.

Poll options and other nice features will come with the new design in late September/early October.
hey these would be grt.. these are public smilies and can be used every where. infact the website i am pasting them from now too had them on after user requests.

kiss -->

sarcastic or fun smiley -->

stoned -->

thumbs up -->

lol -->

tongue -->

and so on.
thanks

[Edited on 7/20/02 by scorpio]

[Edited on 7/20/02 by scorpio]

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
All those smiles Rich put up are from yahoo chat. Were they picked up from Yahoo, or is any chat site allowed to use them for free?