• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is it that..

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
.. everyone vehemently dislikes Australia? I conducted my own little study to verify what may seem like a self evident truth to some of you but nonetheless, here are my findings. I spent the world cup crudely trying to bait people when their teams weren't doing well. When England lost to SL and I called Bairstow a hack I was told that I am 'excessively negative and irritating'. Rightly so, perhaps. This happened again when I started ****posting after India's SF loss. Yet, when Australia were crushed by England and I went on a gloatposting spree, calling Australians 'mentally weak hacks with no will to grind it out', this predictably lazy line of posting was received with great enthusiasm. I wonder why this is so.

Discuss.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me Australians are like Yorkies - all of them are complete and utter bastards - that said there is a huge problem with this generalisation because whenever I have met Aussies or Yorkies, which over the years is many times, I have, I think without exception, liked them enormously and got on very well with them.

It is because of this that I hope never to meet David Warner, because the prospect of liking him as well is one I really cannot face.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aussies are just the enemy, simple as. Be great fun watching them crushed again this summer.
Interestingly, Australians do not inspire any sense of brotherhood among the ex colonies. Whenever Australia play England, the desire to see the poms crushed is overwhelmed by wanting to see Australia fail. Strange.

Bijed

International Regular
Because of their extended periods of dominance over everyone, I guess. People nearly always take satisfaction out of seeing the downfall or just temporary failure of those who have enjoyed success to their own team's detriment, it's just cathartic. Even though they haven't been on that pedestal for a little while, they were recently enough and for long enough for the current generation of fans to have either experienced it, or had a desire to see Australia struggle passed down to them. If for whatever reason, Australia spend the next 20 years being throughly mediocre, that desire will probably fade away in a lot countries as newer fans won't have that same context (especially fans of newer cricketing nations), although the England/Australia rivalry in particular is historic enough to basically just endure forever.

TLDR - They're scum who deserve to fail :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
i actually enjoy watching them play tbh. their ability to get a jammy hack to play well for 5 minutes when required is quite frustrating though.

the only australian ive ever really hated is brad haddin, and that's because he's an overrated spud who can't bat or catch away from home and has a mouth wider than his mothers ******. it ****s me to this day that he managed to run away and hide after getting lippy in the cancelled final hosted deep within the comfort of home.

and the channel 9 commentary was awful for years, but they're gone now and we've still got the sa lot (who can be so sour) and that awful pro-india bias on display in the semi so i've kinda moved on from channel 9 unless their members reappear.