Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: the best way to stay unbanned on cw is to be the worst poster

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers

the best way to stay unbanned on cw is to be the worst poster

modding is hard because nobody likes you. it is also hard because you overthink it in a desire to try and be fair.

i did that job, and i was an amazing mod if i do say so myself. i kept cw safe from the glc and raghav sent me emails for months after i did a thing.

but even i could fall into the trap that, i'll be honest, we often fell into. we were far too slow to ban chumps like avada kedavra.

amirfan, lawjaw and a few other blow ins are terrible. i havent read the cancelled final thread in full but what i have seen in there and in the past week or so, lads come on.

especially you fusion. lawjaw or whatever he's called bravely does an alex hales (fittingly right after the gay avenger knocks us out of the final) and tries for some kicks into the nz fanbase and fusion says 'oooh you naughty little thing, if you keep posting terribly like you have and are blatantly only here to do, i might infract you!"

wow man, thanks.

if you want to give them a chance to post good then i actually think thats ok, but the rest of us equally should be able to post as 'badly' as they do. if they're gonna talk, they're going to cop it straight back. instead at least i got infracted for counter-trolling and i daresay others did too. i can't even remember what burgey did but the fact he's banned for trolling while these other buggers are getting stuck in is dumb.

this isn't the first time a variation of this complaint has been made, and sometimes i think it's necessary for a heads up from the crowd. we're getting more consistency from the joke moderator gang, which is probably precisely the point of their game.

if this gets deleted and i get that generic email we always used to send out telling me to get in touch privately im just gonna troll until im banned. i don't have the requisite sleep atm to risk myself caring about internet things, like im slipping into with this post.
    sledger, zorax, GIMH and 6 others like this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    **** yeah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    the people have spoken

ban zorax

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    the people have spoken

ban zorax
    i've already been banned once, which shows that the premise of this post is entirely untrue
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

The best times also bring out the worst people. Also the time one least feels like moderating.
    zorax likes this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

If this thread delivers then SD may sneak a final place in battle of the subbies
    Smudge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    the hypothesis checks out

I have been a terrible poster for the overwhelming majority of my time here

and yet here I stand

I am also, of course, the best poster the forum has ever seen as well

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    if you want to give them a chance to post good then i actually think thats ok, but the rest of us equally should be able to post as 'badly' as they do. if they're gonna talk, they're going to cop it straight back. instead at least i got infracted for counter-trolling and i daresay others did too. i can't even remember what burgey did but the fact he's banned for trolling while these other buggers are getting stuck in is dumb.
    While this is a special time because times like these bring out trolls and trollish behaviour from regular posters, the part in bold is definitely not conducive to forum growth and new members (esp young new members) finding their feet. Esp in today's social media age.
    zorax likes this.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    While this is a special time because times like these bring out trolls and trollish behaviour from regular posters, the part in bold is definitely not conducive to forum growth and new members (esp young new members) finding their feet. Esp in today's social media age.
    right, then ban the people who have signed up just to troll

and this being a 'special time' is irrelevant because the same thing happens during the regular season

cw has always treated dubious members a bit like how nz treated colin munro - give infinite chances, ignore evidence in front of you.
    Smudge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    right, then ban the people who have signed up just to troll

and this being a 'special time' is irrelevant because the same thing happens during the regular season

cw has always treated dubious members a bit like how nz treated colin munro - give infinite chances, ignore evidence in front of you.
    It would be nice to get some reports. Very few reports since last night. Not gonna wade deep into the dumpster fire and find them myself.
    zorax likes this.

Banning Burgey for the knockouts was inexcusable tbh. Should have deferred his ban to today if need be.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Man the mods are copping a hiding onto nothing here.

For a group of untrained volunteers they do a good job. They do their best to remain objective and to warn/infract people on behaviour rather than intentions. But they're only human and have lives outside CW. Mistakes will happen and some stuff will slip through the cracks.

They're never going to be perfect, but then again nothing in life will ever be. We've all made mistakes. Cut them some slack.
    honestbharani likes this.

No zorax, I want them all fired
    zorax, Daemon and OverratedSanity like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Man the mods are copping a hiding onto nothing here.

For a group of untrained volunteers they do a good job. They do their best to remain objective and to warn/infract people on behaviour rather than intentions. But they're only human and have lives outside CW. Mistakes will happen and some stuff will slip through the cracks.

They're never going to be perfect, but then again nothing in life will ever be. We've all made mistakes. Cut them some slack.
    list of awful people zorax is a sympathiser for

finger spinners
    umpires
    moderators
    zorax and OverratedSanity like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information