• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the best way to stay unbanned on cw is to be the worst poster

Flem274*

123/5
modding is hard because nobody likes you. it is also hard because you overthink it in a desire to try and be fair.

i did that job, and i was an amazing mod if i do say so myself. i kept cw safe from the glc and raghav sent me emails for months after i did a thing.

but even i could fall into the trap that, i'll be honest, we often fell into. we were far too slow to ban chumps like avada kedavra.

amirfan, lawjaw and a few other blow ins are terrible. i havent read the cancelled final thread in full but what i have seen in there and in the past week or so, lads come on.

especially you fusion. lawjaw or whatever he's called bravely does an alex hales (fittingly right after the gay avenger knocks us out of the final) and tries for some kicks into the nz fanbase and fusion says 'oooh you naughty little thing, if you keep posting terribly like you have and are blatantly only here to do, i might infract you!"

wow man, thanks.

if you want to give them a chance to post good then i actually think thats ok, but the rest of us equally should be able to post as 'badly' as they do. if they're gonna talk, they're going to cop it straight back. instead at least i got infracted for counter-trolling and i daresay others did too. i can't even remember what burgey did but the fact he's banned for trolling while these other buggers are getting stuck in is dumb.

this isn't the first time a variation of this complaint has been made, and sometimes i think it's necessary for a heads up from the crowd. we're getting more consistency from the joke moderator gang, which is probably precisely the point of their game.

if this gets deleted and i get that generic email we always used to send out telling me to get in touch privately im just gonna troll until im banned. i don't have the requisite sleep atm to risk myself caring about internet things, like im slipping into with this post.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The best times also bring out the worst people. Also the time one least feels like moderating.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If this thread delivers then SD may sneak a final place in battle of the subbies

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
the hypothesis checks out

I have been a terrible poster for the overwhelming majority of my time here

and yet here I stand

harsh.ag

if you want to give them a chance to post good then i actually think thats ok, but the rest of us equally should be able to post as 'badly' as they do. if they're gonna talk, they're going to cop it straight back. instead at least i got infracted for counter-trolling and i daresay others did too. i can't even remember what burgey did but the fact he's banned for trolling while these other buggers are getting stuck in is dumb.
While this is a special time because times like these bring out trolls and trollish behaviour from regular posters, the part in bold is definitely not conducive to forum growth and new members (esp young new members) finding their feet. Esp in today's social media age.

Flem274*

123/5
While this is a special time because times like these bring out trolls and trollish behaviour from regular posters, the part in bold is definitely not conducive to forum growth and new members (esp young new members) finding their feet. Esp in today's social media age.
right, then ban the people who have signed up just to troll

and this being a 'special time' is irrelevant because the same thing happens during the regular season

cw has always treated dubious members a bit like how nz treated colin munro - give infinite chances, ignore evidence in front of you.

harsh.ag

right, then ban the people who have signed up just to troll

and this being a 'special time' is irrelevant because the same thing happens during the regular season

cw has always treated dubious members a bit like how nz treated colin munro - give infinite chances, ignore evidence in front of you.
It would be nice to get some reports. Very few reports since last night. Not gonna wade deep into the dumpster fire and find them myself.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Banning Burgey for the knockouts was inexcusable tbh. Should have deferred his ban to today if need be.

cnerd123

likes this
Man the mods are copping a hiding onto nothing here.

For a group of untrained volunteers they do a good job. They do their best to remain objective and to warn/infract people on behaviour rather than intentions. But they're only human and have lives outside CW. Mistakes will happen and some stuff will slip through the cracks.

They're never going to be perfect, but then again nothing in life will ever be. We've all made mistakes. Cut them some slack.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man the mods are copping a hiding onto nothing here.

For a group of untrained volunteers they do a good job. They do their best to remain objective and to warn/infract people on behaviour rather than intentions. But they're only human and have lives outside CW. Mistakes will happen and some stuff will slip through the cracks.

They're never going to be perfect, but then again nothing in life will ever be. We've all made mistakes. Cut them some slack.
list of awful people ***** is a sympathiser for

finger spinners
umpires
moderators

Fusion

Global Moderator
especially you fusion. lawjaw or whatever he's called bravely does an alex hales (fittingly right after the gay avenger knocks us out of the final) and tries for some kicks into the nz fanbase and fusion says 'oooh you naughty little thing, if you keep posting terribly like you have and are blatantly only here to do, i might infract you!"

wow man, thanks.
Hey, you're welcome Flem!! Not really sure what more you wanted from me. I jumped into the thread and saw some crap posts from him. I infracted said posts and gave him a warning in the thread itself to behave (both so he has a clear message and that others see that the posts have been addressed). While I'm sure he wasn't exactly shaking in his boots after seeing my warning, that's the way this infraction system works. If he continues to post crap, he cops additional infractions and is banned. We rarely insta-ban someone without giving him a chance to improve. Anyway, thanks for singling me out for modding for the first time in like a year. I love you too!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In Flem’s defence (ugh feels dirty) I think he interpreted the in-thread warning as being the end of the matter

Goes back to the old idea that the yellow and red that display to warned/infracted posters displaying to all would probably be a good idea, but hey ho

Flem274*

123/5
Hey, you're welcome Flem!! Not really sure what more you wanted from me. I jumped into the thread and saw some crap posts from him. I infracted said posts and gave him a warning in the thread itself to behave (both so he has a clear message and that others see that the posts have been addressed). While I'm sure he wasn't exactly shaking in his boots after seeing my warning, that's the way this infraction system works. If he continues to post crap, he cops additional infractions and is banned. We rarely insta-ban someone without giving him a chance to improve. Anyway, thanks for singling me out for modding for the first time in like a year. I love you too!
he's had like 2 weeks of posting **** to improve, and clearly isn't here to. we're not a charity.

and you using never doing your job as your defence is funny. that's the other problem with moderating - there's like 20 mods and 5 doing all the work.