• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Intrusive ads

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hi, had a problem today where I was redirected to this spam website while browsing on mobile (safari on iPhone). I didn’t click any ads, I just opened a thread and ended up at this website. You can’t swipe back from it, the only way off the spam site is to close the browser tab. Happened twice this evening (19:30 BST)

72D15C15-D2F0-466A-A192-87E1E97D25D7.png5D505643-E114-4137-9351-FBC8699240D4.pngD63B6D8D-3309-408E-A102-0292D49C2E0C.png

Howe_zat

Audio File
Keeps happening. As soon as I get that pop up I have to close the tab to get out of the loop. Very annoying.

9860F149-D832-4D62-A023-20F0B9307680.png

James

Cricket Web Owner
Can you email me further details please guys? Specifically what you were doing at the time and what thread?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It happens only the first time I "click" on any place on any CW page. Doesn't even have to be on a link. Then it stops happening. If I log on again after a couple of hours, it happens again.

Doesn't happen if I "right click" on a link and open it in a new tab. But the first click on the website after logging in. That's where the action is.

Hasn't happened to me in a week almost. Happened for s month before that.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I use Chrome on both mobile and desktop and have never had any such issue.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, it happened for a while on the Android. Never on desktop.

Edit: But that's maybe because of Adblock on the desktop.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this still an ongoing problem for you blokes? Haven't had an issue using the mobile skin, but was going to revert to desk top mode on my mobile but don't want to if these ads pop up.

cnerd123

likes this
No issues with intrusive ads for me. (I'm on Chrome on a Samsung Android)

What happens is that my page loads before the ads do. So I move to tap on something, the ad loads, everything on the web page moves to accommodate this ad, and I end up tapping on it.

Easily rectified by being patient and waiting for the ad to load first, but still annoying.

Doesn't happen much on desktop

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Just for info, I'm on Samsung android (don't use chrome) and have never had any ads pop up (on mobile or desktop mode).