• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why only one post per 60 seconds?

Sudeep

International Captain
I was just wondering why are we allowed only one post per 60 seconds. What are the cons of that rule not being placed?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
anti-spamming measure. We had problems where another site was posting advertising messages all over our forums - same as the old PM's, by cutting updates down to one a minute, they can't post faster than the moderators can delete them.

Rich2001

International Captain
Also just a prevention thing as alot of people when surfing the net forget it takes time for pages to load and sit there and keep hitting the link over and over as we use to get alot of people double posting if not more, so it's just a general measure so you guys don't have to sit and scroll through a page of the same post. :)

NikhilN

International Regular
Rich2001 said:
Also just a prevention thing as alot of people when surfing the net forget it takes time for pages to load and sit there and keep hitting the link over and over as we use to get alot of people double posting if not more, so it's just a general measure so you guys don't have to sit and scroll through a page of the same post. :)
I dont think we need 60 secs for that, 30 secs is enough

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Proud Indian said:
I dont think we need 60 secs for that, 30 secs is enough
Excpet it wasn't, as proven when we were on a 30 second link.

The only people who have problems are those who have these post-whoring threads...

Rich2001

International Captain
To be fair though you shouldn't ever really notice the time limit, as you have to be damn quick to > Post > Check your reply > Decide to post another reply > Write the reply > Hit post again.

Iam not saying it can't be done, but your reply will have to be very short :cool:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Rich2001 said:
To be fair though you shouldn't ever really notice the time limit, as you have to be damn quick to > Post > Check your reply > Decide to post another reply > Write the reply > Hit post again.

Iam not saying it can't be done, but your reply will have to be very short :cool:
Like Marc's in 'Another Game'?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Erm, the concept of Another Game is that it's one word...

Therefore replies take considerably less than 1 minute to post, especially when one is in possession of a Broadband connection. :p

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Erm, the concept of Another Game is that it's one word...

Therefore replies take considerably less than 1 minute to post, especially when one is in possession of a Broadband connection. :p
Oh but you have to wait until someone else replies first which can take considerably longer than 1 minute to post, especially when one is in possession of a 56k internet connection.

*ducks out the way* :p :D

Cloete

International Captain
haha... yes broadband is sweet! but most of the time what would happen is i post something in a different thrad. click another game or the like and post a short reply and it comes up. but it doesn't really bother me at all TBH. sure no-one is impatient enough to wait 30 odd seconds!