• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asshole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have seen screenshots of the mod forum. James has endorsed the use of the word, please feel free to use it henceforth.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might generally be thought to be a harsh thing to say but it's perfectly okay to throw around here, as has been demonstrated.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I used the word in an annoyed state, something we all do from time to time. Had expected it to be picked up by the filter and come across as *******. If I had known it wouldn't be, I wouldn't have used it at all.

Have spoken to James and hopefully the word will be added to the filter soon.

Closing the thread.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Filter

If you address another member of the forum using an offensive term that you think will be blanked out by the filter, but actually isn't, is this against forum rules?

Asking for a friend.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Definitely against the rules. I’ve been infracted for filtered insults before now.

I also don’t think it’s within the spirit of the forum for a mod to shut a thread because it’s their own rule breach.

Harsh needs to be fired immediately. Worst mod excuse since ‘I was tired and cranky’

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, having checked, just seen harsh has infracted me on several occasions for posts which the filter has bleeped out.

#consistency

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have no problems being infracted for it. But I can't actually do that. Someone else has to do it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just as a final word on this, harsh has now been given an infraction for his comment, and would have whether or not the word was filtered.

Status
Not open for further replies.