• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Twitter / Podcast

Bijed

International Regular
I was considering setting up a twitter account for the CW podcast, the remembered there's already this one:

https://twitter.com/cricketwebnet

Should I view this as the only official social media presence for CW? I assume I need some sort of permission before becoming any sort of 'official' presence for the forum - do I need to become a staff member before I even think about doing this sort of thing?

My plan for the account would be basically to just use it to advertise new uploads (planning to 'market' the podcast to friends/colleagues etc to try to get an initial following) and weigh in on cricket related stuff on twitter to try to generate some exposure and also encourage people to tweet us for our opinions on cricketing news/general questions. I appreciate that the chances of this acheiving any significant traction are not high, please humour me in my attempts to make my mark on the internet.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was considering setting up a twitter account for the CW podcast, the remembered there's already this one:

Should I view this as the only official social media presence for CW? I assume I need some sort of permission before becoming any sort of 'official' presence for the forum - do I need to become a staff member before I even think about doing this sort of thing?

My plan for the account would be basically to just use it to advertise new uploads (planning to 'market' the podcast to friends/colleagues etc to try to get an initial following) and weigh in on cricket related stuff on twitter to try to generate some exposure and also encourage people to tweet us for our opinions on cricketing news/general questions. I appreciate that the chances of this acheiving any significant traction are not high, please humour me in my attempts to make my mark on the internet.
I can have a chat to James about posting updates about the podcast on that main Twitter if you like.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are also the numerous times Cricinfo mooched off our collective cricketing genius and expertise. I mean, I wasn't around but yeah..

James

Cricket Web Owner

Happy to have a chat with you Bijed, and give you access to post to the twitter feed. Send me an email and we can take things from there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Do we also have a youtube channel? The last podcast we recorded was mp4 and I feel its easier to upload to Youtube and that might help spread the podcast around a bit more as well.

Spark

Global Moderator
A CW feed live-tweeting matches (maybe with quotes of forum posts) and articles might be a good idea

Bijed

International Regular
Thinking doing a very small-scale feed when I'm out in the West Indies next year, probably just wickets and summaries + mini reports after each session, maybe accompanied by some photos (though photography is not a particular strength of mine)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Neither is cricket commentary for most of us. :p You should give it a whirl, mate. :) And hopefully we can do a podcast soon enough too.

Bijed

International Regular
Thinking doing a very small-scale feed when I'm out in the West Indies next year, probably just wickets and summaries + mini reports after each session, maybe accompanied by some photos (though photography is not a particular strength of mine)
Now available at https://twitter.com/cricket_gc, for anyone who wants to help me pretend I'm reaching any sort of an audience