• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you want a Battle of the Members XIV?

Should there be a BOTM XIV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vogue

International Vice-Captain
There we only, like, 4 people who were part of the forums back then tbf. They sidn't even have internet. They physically met every week to **** on English weather and wax lyrical about the grog they ate last night.
Don’t think I have ever eaten grog....:confused1

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No it wouldn't. How do you think GIMH and Burgey won?
I can't speak for Corrin, because he's a ****. But in my case it was (and remains) sustained excellence combined with empathy for the people, and the unique ability to garner their respect while they acknowledge my innate superiority.

And modesty. Don't forget modesty.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That would be the first campaign in history based on insulting voters
You're young so I'll explain it to you. All political campaigns are about insulting the right people doo that the majority vote for you.

Which is why nobody could ever vote for *****. He can't even decide on a team to support FFS.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'm on board with excluding previous winners in order to level the playing field. Tempted to go with PEWS' suggestion and auto-nominate everyone who got past the first group stage last time (stripping out winners and anyone who opts out this time), so that'll give us 48 (less a few) names to start from being

social
theegyptian
vcs
Shady Slim
StephenZA
marc71178
Smudge
cpr
Dan
sledger
_Ed_
Nate
Bijed
zaremba
Pothas
Hendrix
superkingdave
NZTailender
Athlai
Kippax
indiaholic
grecian
Johnners
NUFAN
Spikey
Daemon
Gnske
Spark
Uppercut
Cabinet96
Niall
Flem274*
ripper868
Furball
wpdavid
FaapdeOiad
vic_orthdox
Adders
GIMH (previous winner)
Boy Brumby (previous winner)
Howe_zat (previous winner)
Burgey (previous winner)
dontcloseyoureyes (previous winner)
Prince EWS (previous winner)
Jono (previous winner)
Samuel_Vimes (previous winner)
fredfertang (previous winner)
harsh.ag (opted out)

I'll look up other previous winners in a bit (edit: thanks GIMH), but even taking them out I think nearly everyone in the list has been at least somewhat active since BOTM XIII. Add in a few nominations for the good newer members and good older ones who crashed out in a Group of Death early on last time and we'll have a solid list to start from, the way I'm planning on doing it we don't need to start with 128 (or any particular number) so it's not like we need to pad out the list.
Everyone needs to be jerked off so after the main botm is over, pit the past winners against each other.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
By texting GIMH to 80069
Correct, voter intimidation coupled with a prolonged war against the moderators accounted for my 2011 victory. I’m still not entirely sure how my second one came about.

morgieb

Correct, voter intimidation coupled with a prolonged war against the moderators accounted for my 2011 victory. I’m still not entirely sure how my second one came about.
Keep in mind this is a competition that Jono and Burgey have won. The standards can't be too high.

Burgey

I don't really get your point morgie, given you've never got past round two.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been trying to win the anti-English vote by being the poster-boy for the "Jimmy Anderson is merely very good and probably wouldn't have played much for Australia" club.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I can't speak for Corrin, because he's a ****. But in my case it was (and remains) sustained excellence combined with empathy for the people, and the unique ability to garner their respect while they acknowledge my innate superiority.

And modesty. Don't forget modesty.
Haha I read that as "game" rather than "garnered".