• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you want a Battle of the Members XIV?

Should there be a BOTM XIV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bijed

International Regular
I'm on board with excluding previous winners in order to level the playing field. Tempted to go with PEWS' suggestion and auto-nominate everyone who got past the first group stage last time (stripping out winners and anyone who opts out this time), so that'll give us 48 (less a few) names to start from being

social
theegyptian
vcs
Shady Slim
StephenZA
marc71178
Smudge
cpr
Dan
sledger
_Ed_
Nate
Bijed
zaremba
Pothas
Hendrix
superkingdave
NZTailender
Athlai
Kippax
indiaholic
grecian
Johnners
NUFAN
Spikey
Daemon
Gnske
Spark
Uppercut
Cabinet96
Niall
Flem274*
ripper868
Furball
wpdavid
FaapdeOiad
vic_orthdox
Adders
GIMH (previous winner)
Boy Brumby (previous winner)
Howe_zat (previous winner)
Burgey (previous winner)
dontcloseyoureyes (previous winner)
Prince EWS (previous winner)
Jono (previous winner)
Samuel_Vimes (previous winner)
fredfertang (previous winner)
harsh.ag (opted out)

I'll look up other previous winners in a bit (edit: thanks GIMH), but even taking them out I think nearly everyone in the list has been at least somewhat active since BOTM XIII. Add in a few nominations for the good newer members and good older ones who crashed out in a Group of Death early on last time and we'll have a solid list to start from, the way I'm planning on doing it we don't need to start with 128 (or any particular number) so it's not like we need to pad out the list.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pickup
Brumby
Vimes
Smooteh
Burgey
GIMH
Jono
EWS
Howe

Think that’s the full set of winners. Some multiple times of course :whistling

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure I agree with not including previous winners......how's it a BOTM if you take the best out of it? Be a hollow victory for whoever picks it up knowing the guns were excluded imo.

cnerd123

likes this
How the hell did Burgey win
There we only, like, 4 people who were part of the forums back then tbf. They sidn't even have internet. They physically met every week to **** on English weather and wax lyrical about the grog they ate last night.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will take this opportunity to remind you all that I'm only 3 years older than this. Yeah, feel old ****s.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't want the guy who bragged about getting 50 likes in a day winning for sure. :laugh:

Bijed

International Regular
Not sure I agree with not including previous winners......how's it a BOTM if you take the best out of it? Be a hollow victory for whoever picks it up knowing the guns were excluded imo.
Yeah, whilst I'm in favour of excluding them, I'm sympathetic to this POV too, but at the end of the day, it's only a popularity contest on an online forum and I reckon the extra excitement (and I use that word very loosely, admittedly) of having a relatively different set of contenders is worth more than whether the title really counts. If a few people feel strongly on both sides, I'll have a vote when the time comes.

Although, knowing the internet, there'll probably be a forum going in 20 years time called 'CricketWebWeb' where people argue if 'cookyfan12472' or someone really deserved their BOTM title, or whether they only got it because Howe_zat wasn't allowed to participate that year

Last edited: