• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Overstepping and Abuse of Powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am pretty new here havent been around much.

I recently had a moderator posting on my profile threatening to give me an infraction if I post any 'denigrating' comments about India, Indian cricket or towards Indian forum members, this was done and duly so on his part after I made a somewhat questionable post, which at the time i didnt realized the mistake.

Stemming from this incident I have two questions:

1. Shouldnt the professional way to approach the matter wouldve been to issue the warning via a private message? Was this done to boost the mod in question ego? Was this a way to embarrass a new member?

2. Why did he single out a single entity in India, the mod who happens to be from India is obviously on a personal vendetta I would assume next level patriotism to put it the kindest way possible. Shouldnt all members despite their nationality be treated equally? Or am I to understand the Indian contingent on this board are privy to certain privileges?

I hope from this thread members exercise some professionalism.

Thanks in advance your thoughts.

Live long and prosper.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. VMs are used by mods on this forum to advise members (both new and old) on their posting if required.

2. India was singled out because of your posting history towards India. If you posted in similar vein about other countries, you would be warned similarly.

Such threads are discouraged. If you have further questions, please feel free to email the mods at moderators@cricketweb.net

Status
Not open for further replies.