• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I always get bold when the ball pitches in leg and middle in good length area

Axel Stanlee

Cricket Spectator
I usually try to hit it for the six but always be early and get bold .
I am a opener and I have sort this problem out.
Pls help what should I do? which shot do I play?
I am good in leg side my off side strokes are weak
I am a right handed batsman

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I also get bold sometimes when I pitch my balls in my lady's leg and middle in a good length.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you are a batsman, then you should know what shot to play. There's something call instinct; use it first instead of asking for help. If it fails, then ask your club coach or even the guys that hang out with. Go easy at first. Not every ball is a ball you should hit for a six.

It seems like you don't have patience, that is why you get bowled. Work out your technique. Watch videos of the established batsmen playing and adjusting their shots.

How old are you? I think you should sit down and be a student of the game. Watch plenty of test cricket, not the spiced up version limited overs.

Finally, you should drink plenty of fresh cow's milk. Build the bones.

I hope this helped, and can prevent you from getting bowled. Defend your stumps at all cost. Don't throw caution to the wind.

D

Deleted member 34141

It’s a lovely community really is and not pompous in the slightest.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just practice in the nets. Get a feel of the pace and the swing and spin (if any). I personally used to like punching such deliveries down the ground when facing a fast bowler. With spinners, generally a flick on the leg side generally works, but a lot depends on the exact delivery.