• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

help meeeeee

ReallyCrazy

Banned
hey I have a problem. I wanna change my avatar but I dont see the option of custom avatars anymore....what happened? Or am i missing it?

Also i dont see the results of polls

Cloete

International Captain
ReallyCrazy said:
hey I have a problem. I wanna change my avatar but I dont see the option of custom avatars anymore....what happened? Or am i missing it?

Also i dont see the results of polls
For the avatar click the arrow next to Quick Links at the top right hand corner of the page then select Edit Avatar. As for the polls, I don't seem to see them either. So I think it might have something to do with the new board and the reading of new posts/ polls. But I can't be certain.....

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah, you can't actually add custom avatars at the moment, I'm having that problem too. Polls look to be a little bugged at the moment, the results might need to be rebuilt from the admin CP (unless somehow someone's managed a mass stripping of poll results).

James

Cricket Web Owner
From the FAQ (http://forum.cricketweb.net/faq.php?):

How do I create and vote in polls?
You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls' and this is how to create them:

Creating a new poll

When you post a new thread, you may have the option to also create a poll.

This function allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

Red
Blue
Yellow
Green
Sky-blue pink with yellow spots
To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes! post a poll' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it only stays open for voting for a week.

Voting in and viewing a poll
To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the [Vote!] button. You may view the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Do we have to post a certain amount of times before receiving a custom avatar, or is it restricted to staff only?