• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clean-up of forum

James

Cricket Web Owner
I thought it was worth getting some member feedback on the sub forums we have and whether there was any suggestions or feedback people had on new sub forums that could be created/different ordering/removal, etc

Cricket Discussion
  • Cricket Chat
  • Coaching and Equipment Forum
Cricket Web Products
  • Fantasy Cricket
  • Cricket Web CW Games
Games
  • General
    • Battrick
    • From the Pavilion
Ask Cricket Web
  • Site Discussion
    • Cricket Web Downtime
    • Testing Forum
Other
  • Off Topic
  • General Sports Forum

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You can almost definitely archive the Battrick and FTP forums. Basically no activity these days and if anyone wanted to post about them it could be replaced with just a thread.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cricket Discussion
Cricket Chat

Cricket Web Products
Fantasy Cricket
Cricket Web CW Games

Site Discussion

Cricket Web Downtime
Testing Forum
Games - General

Other
Off Topic
General Sports Forum

James

Cricket Web Owner
Cricket Discussion
Cricket Chat

Cricket Web Products
Fantasy Cricket
Cricket Web CW Games

Site Discussion

Cricket Web Downtime
Testing Forum
Games - General

Other
Off Topic
General Sports Forum
Was thinking something similiar but merging Cricket Web CW Games into Games - General and moving every forum under the same category.

indiaholic

International Captain
Since the time Daemon pointed out the New Posts link at the top, I don't think the structure has made a lot of difference to my browsing experience. Okay with the drafts saying in CC as it probably gets more eyes on them and hence greater participation?

cnerd123

likes this
Cricket Discussion
> Cricket Chat
> Coaching and Equipment
> Drafts and ATG XIs *

Cricket Web Products
> Fantasy Cricket
> Cricket Web CW Games

Games
> Cricket Games
> Other Games

Site Discussion
> Cricket Web Downtime
> Testing Forum

Other
> Off Topic
> News and Politics **
> Other Sports

* > Put drafts and ATG discussion into one place since they're both, in essence, the same thing - picking teams and comparing them against each other
** > I figure News and Politics deserve their own subforum given how popular and dense each of the threads have become. Can break down those threads into individual discussion threads for certain topics then.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There aren't many drafts clogging up CC anyway. Moving them to a separate subforum won't accomplish anything.

And agree with *****. A news and politics forum would be useful. Off topic should be as non serious and laid back as possible.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cricket Discussion
> Cricket Chat
++ Drafts and ATG XIs
++ Individual Teams General Discussion
> Coaching and Equipment

Cricket Web Products
> Fantasy Cricket
> Cricket Web CW Games

Games
> Cricket Games
> Other Games

Other
> Off Topic
++ News and Politics
++ Movies and Entertainment
> Other Sports
> Site Discussion
++ Cricket Web Downtime
++ Testing Forum

As indiaholic said, I dont think the forum structure makes too much difference to me (and I dare say most regulars) due to the new posts feature at the top. But I think laying the boards out the way I suggested above seems a better fit. We have any number of "official" team or country based threads in cricket chat and I think having a subforum where all these threads can exist makes it a bit more logical so that we can keep actual CC for mostly general topics which can interest fans of all teams, along side regular tour and tournament threads. And having the drafts and ATG stuff as a subforum ensures the posts are still under CC but without clogging up the first page for folks who still prefer to navigate that way. Rest is self explanatory, I feel.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for your thoughts guys, hopefully some real discussion gets going and if others concur happy to go ahead with those changes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its really a question of who is the target audience here. Is it the forum regulars (and I would argue it hardly matters to most regulars who use the new posts feature) or the new comers? For new members checking out the site, its easier if we can organize the forums better, whether it is CC or OT. I have seen more popular forums have amazingly detailed sub forums. And as a new comer to that site, I found it extremely easy to navigate and locate the threads and topics I am interested in.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Draft threads subbie is not needed, they're not all the same but making them be in the same forum with the same people checking it will ensure they will be.

'ATG' subforum not needed, it is pretty much contained to one thread now anyway. Also please don't legitimise the use of 'ATG'

Seperating these out would result in CC being very dry in the offseason

Howe_zat

Audio File
Also if we have the cricket games forum as one forum (probably should) we can make that a part of cricket discussion

Cricket discussion
-Cricket chat
-Coaching & equipment
-Cricket games & simulations

It's a bit weird for example that the ICC sim that's going on is in a different forum from Gazza's DBC let's play

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Agree with Howe

I don't think OT needs fragmenting either. Can't remember the last time I've missed something because there were so many new threads.