• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clean-up of forum

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The amount of times someone drops into AmPol to post something that gets lost between Ikki and Harsh having the same back-and-forth essay-length discussion on who does and does not know **** about economics. And I think it adds a coherence to discussion, rather than multiple strands of silo'd off conversation going on in the same massive thread.
Hey I declined the last two times.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks guys, there's enough agreement now that I'll go ahead with the separate sub forums.

As I've mentioned if we find they don't work, we can always move back to the status quo.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've created the News and Politics forum.

Did anyone have any thoughts about splitting out the General Sports forum as a few people have mentioned?

cnerd123

likes this
I don't think we need more than 1 thread for any other sport.

If you want to talk about in depth about a non-cricket sport, go to a non-cricket forum

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think we need more than 1 thread for any other sport.

If you want to talk about in depth about a non-cricket sport, go to a non-cricket forum
Yeah tell em *****. CricketWeb should put cricket first. There's a reason why James didn't call this FootballWeb or EPLWEB

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just don't see Off Topic moving quickly enough these days to worry about splitting it up. Leave it as is, I reckon.
Tbf I think that's partly because of the Politics mega threads dominating matters.

(Also I think people are kinda scared to create new threads in OT, partly because of the mega threads)

vogue

International Vice-Captain
I like the split off of the News and Politics from the rest of OT. Serious and non serious to suit a mood.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think the Football issue can be solved by multiple threads, rather than a separate subbie per se. Then again, I have little skin in the game there so aren't exactly best-placed to comment.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't see why we needed any split in the first place tbh. Would not be in favour of further splitting things up. Total waste of time and just creates more pointless pages to trawl through.