• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clean-up of forum

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also if we have the cricket games forum as one forum (probably should) we can make that a part of cricket discussion

Cricket discussion
-Cricket chat
-Coaching & equipment
-Cricket games & simulations

It's a bit weird for example that the ICC sim that's going on is in a different forum from Gazza's DBC let's play
Would you put drafts in the games/sims sub?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Draft threads subbie is not needed, they're not all the same but making them be in the same forum with the same people checking it will ensure they will be.

'ATG' subforum not needed, it is pretty much contained to one thread now anyway. Also please don't legitimise the use of 'ATG'

Seperating these out would result in CC being very dry in the offseason
AWTA.

Also, draft and ATG threads are sort of a way of appreciating the rich history of cricket. I enjoy them and think they belong in CC, but if others don't then that's fine.

I think CC is good the way it is now. The only places I really visit are CC, Off-Topic, Site Discussion and Ban Announcements (sometimes).

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I don't really know if the forum is big enough to split OT up into sub categories. Seems it will just be more cluttered. As it is most things stay on the first page for at least a couple of days.

I'd sort of go for:

Admin stuff: sub forums - Welcome to the Forum, Testing Forum, Announcements

Cricket Chat: as it is now, perhaps with one sub forum for coaching/equipment

Off Topic: new, politics, music, movies, general discussion, all in the one forum

Other Sports: soccer, rugby, AFL etc sub forums or threads, either way

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for your thoughts so far guys.

I've cleaned up the Gaming related forums.

I've left Off Topic the way it is for the moment until we get more agreement on the best approach we should take.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Answering your own questions, PEWS? :p

I agree we can probably have drafts in there as a cricket game but as others pointed out, being on CC helps them get more noticed.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CC is pretty empty when tests aren't on anyway, and when they are going on, there aren't many people participating in drafts. It works as it is.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I just don't see Off Topic moving quickly enough these days to worry about splitting it up. Leave it as is, I reckon.

cnerd123

likes this
I just don't see Off Topic moving quickly enough these days to worry about splitting it up. Leave it as is, I reckon.
As pointed out earlier, I feel that there could be so much more discussion in the area of news/politics/global affairs if they were to have their own sub-forum instead of being contained within single nation-based threads. A sort of 'build it and they will come' approach to putting them in their own sub-forum

James

Cricket Web Owner
Perhaps,but I'm leaning more towards what ***** is saying, and as others have pointed out the same was said about the General Sports Forum at the time.

Also if it doesn't work, it's quite easy to move it back to the way it was before.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If this is what we've come to on CW - where ***** is a voice of reason - I wonder what hope this place has. :(

James

Cricket Web Owner
Anyone got any concerns if Cricket Web Forum Announcements is merged with Site Discussion?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I would merge the Downtime Forum with the Announcements Forum as a sub Forum within Site Discussion. ***** approval not withstanding of course.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New subbie called poster discussion. You get to voice your opinion on anyones posting, discuss why they need an atmosphere ban etc. No infractions and no swear filter.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, fully behind a separate News/Politics subforum. Given that News/Pol has 3-4 megathreads already, I think things would benefit from being split out into topics in a separate sub.

I don't think there's need to split off Entertainment; if News/Pol goes off on its own, there's more 'space' in OT for Entertainment to expand out to more niche threads.

The amount of times someone drops into AmPol to post something that gets lost between Ikki and Harsh having the same back-and-forth essay-length discussion on who does and does not know **** about economics. And I think it adds a coherence to discussion, rather than multiple strands of silo'd off conversation going on in the same massive thread.

Plus from a moderation POV, much easier to lock any inappropriate topics if they're separated out into threads than it is to stop them in a mega-thread.

Admittedly we'll never get a perfect distinction between subforums, but I think it's worth a crack at least.