• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What brought you to Cricket Web?

D

Deleted member 34141

No I don’t approve and another point worth mentioning is I don’t know it’s like a wave effect if it effects PC it will have consequences for CW. The solution is if the cricket forum wants some hope of a realistic future and new legitimate members then forum invasions, trolling whatever that is will not work its plain suicide.
sledger this is not an accusation it’s my opinion ok :)

Kirkut

International Regular
The interesting discussions on cricket brought me here. I would regularly browse threads here before finally creating an account in 2013.

Cricketweb in 2000s was quite different from what it is today, the posters were much more friendlier with each other then.

D

Deleted member 34141

The ATG thread brought me to CW. Such insightful, nerdy discussion that I went through all 500 posts.

Might I also add that CW is way better than PlanetCricket and PakPassion. Those other places are absolutely horrendous and the posters know **** all.
CW is moderated by intellectuals which brings a huge benefit in that it is a safeguarded forum.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CW is moderated by intellectuals which brings a huge benefit in that it is a safeguarded forum.
I thought it was well known the lobotomy was the biggest requirement for policing a vbulletin board in 2018 from words such as "penis" on the internet.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Some people mentioned it on a rugby league forum I frequented, and I was starting to develop a little more of an interest in cricket and a lot more of an interest in sports foruming, so I came over to check it out.

I think it might have actually been nibbs who mentioned it. I'm honestly not sure I'd love cricket nearly as much as I do now if not for this place; I was very much a casual follower of the game when I joined, but it's been a huge part of my life for years now. Reminds me of this post I made when Jono started a thread if anyone on CW has changed your mind about something:

Great thread Jono.

There would be literally hundreds for me, way too many to name, but I think that's largely because I came here with such limited cricket knowledge. My love of rugby league took me to online sports forum and my love of online sports forums took me to cricket. Now cricket is my greatest passion. When I joined here in in 2003 I only had a very passing interest in the sport; I liked ODIs more than Tests, knew of very few players who hadn't played international cricket for or at least in Australia since about 2000 and had no interest in the game's nuances or history.

This forum took my interest in and knowledge of the game way, way beyond what it was when I arrived, just by reading all your posts and getting sucked in. I now own dozens of cricket books, DVDs and videos, I don't think there's been a Test match I haven't seen at least a couple of hours of play of this decade, I spend hours every day reading articles on cricket websites, I run a simulation competition based on the sport, I've played probably close to 100 competitive matches now and spent just as long training and developing my own techniques, and so on.

The reason I'm posting all that in here is because I don't think any of it would've happened without this place. If this and even all other cricket forums on the internet went down for good then my interest in cricket would be unchanged, but I don't think it would've started or got to where it is now without this forum. And for that reason, all my opinions on players can be traced back in some way to what someone said here. My knowledge of cricket history is basically a child of the forum.

I know of all the candidates for each nation's all-time great side and at a base level at least why they're considered great (and much more in many cases) as well as every current international player and most signinficant domestic cricketers across the world. All that knowledge and all those opinions have started with someone making a post about a player here, then me deciding to research them further by reading old articles, books, contemporary accounts etc. A post here has been a starting point for my interest in a player to kick off in about 90% of cases. Of course I don't just stop with what people say here but it's always a starting point; it gives me my first impression of a player, so my opinion is changed from nothing to something on the spot.

So before I think of some big specifics and post them in here, my first answer is that this forum as a whole changed my opinion of cricket.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I found cricketweb pretty much because I wanted to refresh my knowledge about Australian domestic cricket of the mid to late 2000s, the domestic season threads here are an excellent read. It's a real blast from the past, deeply interesting to see how various predictions and opinions of players turned out, some spot on and some way off the mark.