• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What brought you to Cricket Web?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I discovered forums around late 2004, became very obsessed around 2005. But that was restricted to movies and music

Cricket discussions were in person, not online. Just hadn't discovered it.

Then life took me to a different country and I lost my cricket circle and started craving cricket talk.

Googled "cricket forum" and found cricketweb.net/forum

I haven't always been regular throughout that time, which is why I have just a sorry post count in 11 years but I can proudly say I have witnessed the evolution of Precam through to Sir Alex/Adava Kedavra and finally OS. :ph34r:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I pine for the time when posters outside of a stupid clique were allowed to post wtihout being bullied days. And Richard Vs TEC as annoying as it was to see all over the forum, actually had proper cricketing points being discussed. Not the stupid "we are so cool on an internet forum, we will bully the ones we dont like" that CW has these days.
CW has always been like this. You just paid less attention.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed, what was Sanz' famous quote about you and your friends, I've genuinely forgotten now, but it was in the clique category.

I came here for a reason almost as boring as my posting since, so I won't trouble repeating it, it involved the Ashes and Telegraph's fantasy cricket though.

Oh and yes Richard-TEC was pretty much the low point of this forum and most others, the way they could slightly change their posts but make the same point for dozens of posts at a time and ruin almost any thread was a sight to behold.

grecian

Are you the only one of the Coterie still regularly posting DCYE?

I must admit I never understood your hatred of Lucky Eddie, but I came here a bit late, so I may not have seen some stuff.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I guess. Faaip still posts if you count him as a part of it. I never hated Eddie, was largely indifferent. That was more of a m00pheh thing iirc.

grecian

I guess. Faaip still posts if you count him as a part of it. I never hated Eddie, was largely indifferent. That was more of a m00pheh thing iirc.
I was talking of the coterie as a whole not you.

****ing goal by Pedro that, off-topic but can't be arsed to change threads.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I dunno, probably disagreed with him about something and didn't back down about it haha. I think the genesis of it happened before I was a prominent member of the forum. I barely posted for my first 6-12 months. Funny thing about it all was that we mostly gave each other **** rather than anyone else.

Watching the City game unsurprisingly, will catch the Pedro goal later on.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
There was always a clique..well various cliques really and yes they will attack and bully you if you challenge them and this is not a criticism of CW but just general human nature. We feel more secure in a group and we generally gravitate towards conformism to remain part of the group and then when one guy doesn't fit in, we attack and bully that person. But I guess the difference was the number of active members and the level of interaction overall. They were just so many active members that you still had enough members not part of a clique to have a decent and interesting discourse.

Now with Forum activity overall on a decline, and so many of the old posters no longer participating, the groupism and 'let's attack the lone dissenter' tends to dominate the small number of good discussions we still have here.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Nah.. not in CC. As I said, the interminable posting wars between TEC-Richard or TEC-CC and then CC-Sanz or any of these countless back and forths were actually easy to ignore as there was quality cricket discussion going on around it all. And inspite of those boring as **** circling arguments, there was at least the very very slim silver lining that there was actual discussion on cricket at a forum named "Cricket Chat". That has genuinely gone away these days.

Last edited: