• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you hand out likes for?

Bijed

International Regular
So, ***** is back and adding to his 19,525 likes and just the other day Spikey also issued a like, bringing his to 8. This stark disparity got me wondering what motivates different people to dispense this most treasured of currencies, especially in the cases of those who seem more reticent to do so.

In broad terms, things that I generally hand out likes for (though it's somewhat mood-dependent and it's certainly not like I run each post through some kind of flowchart to see if I should give it a like) are:

-Posts which cause me to laugh out loud, even if it's just a small chuckle

-A clever pun, even if I don't laugh out loud at it

-Posts which I agree with on a subject I have been involved in the discussion of

-A post from which I learn something new and interesting, of any nature

-Pictures in the food thread(s) which I think look particularly nice

So, a pretty uninteresting list, but it is what it is.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think I've offended *****, he doesn't give mew the likes he used to, Indiaholic is the go-to for easy likes now.

On topic, posts that make me laugh as I'm a miserable ****er and anything that drags me from my pit of misery and ennui deserves a like. Yet generally it's stuff I'd post and agree with. It's easier than quoting and saying "AWTA" or "THIS".

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mostly posts I find funny, with some posts which are genuinely interesting and if I agree with.

Not sure why but invariably for go to likes I tend to rely on the Indians (*****, HB, indaholic, Shri).

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah pretty much all my likes come from those randi blokes.

Me, I'll give out a like for anything I like really.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Posts that make me want to say "This" or "AWTA". Things that make me laugh. Burgey rants. Moderators banning people I hold grudges against.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mostly posts which make me laugh, including ban announcements.

Or when someone posts about somethign which is plainly important to them which works out well, like Sm00teh being at Etihad for the CL game the other night.

Last edited:
I give likes when people try to troll me (which is often) to show that I don't care what they say. You can't get me wound up even though you'd love to.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good, quality content. Which is why I hand out so few. I have a good eye for this stuff tbh.

cnerd123

likes this
> Posts I agree with
> Posts that make me think
> Posts that I feel add value to a discussion
> Posts that make me chuckle
> Memes and reoccuring jokes
> ****-stirring
> Anything about the CW Podcast
> Anything about Hong Kong Cricket

Last edited:

Burgey