• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Discussing Infractions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without wanting to get into it again (seriously just dig up our old posts/threads and enjoy them), it was basically down to him being unwilling to admit he was wrong, and this incident was final straw that broke the camel's back.

And yea I don't have remorse for what I said. He had it coming. I stand by my words and enjoyed being able to vent. And tbh I probably should have been banned for that too.

Maybe if we had a way of discussing infractions as a group Heath and the others on team Hurricane could have convinced the mods to do that :ph34r:
Even nice guys can be ****s some of the time. Hurricane doesn't have a malicious bone in his body. The fact you and others found him to have been patronising at a certain point doesn't change that.

The fact that you bullied him - which is exactly what it was - is nothing to be proud of. Quite frankly, you should be ashamed. The whole episode was shameful on all sides, though, and is one of the main reasons I don't post here any more myself. I even recall someone decided to set up a multi just to bait him. At least you had the guts to put your name to your insults and barbs, some cowardly **** couldn't even bring themselves to do that.

I really don't understand why you look back on that with a puffed up chest and pride. Absolutely baffling.

cnerd123

likes this
Perfect material for you to bring up to the mods and ask them to explain how they interpreted my behavior as being worth just 5 infraction points and not a ban tbh

indiaholic

International Captain
Even nice guys can be ****s some of the time. Hurricane doesn't have a malicious bone in his body. The fact you and others found him to have been patronising at a certain point doesn't change that.

The fact that you bullied him - which is exactly what it was - is nothing to be proud of. Quite frankly, you should be ashamed. The whole episode was shameful on all sides, though, and is one of the main reasons I don't post here any more myself. I even recall someone decided to set up a multi just to bait him. At least you had the guts to put your name to your insults and barbs, some cowardly **** couldn't even bring themselves to do that.

I really don't understand why you look back on that with a puffed up chest and pride. Absolutely baffling.
I remember how that conversation went. Hurricane made the post about not standing up for Voges, ***** told him that he was using inconsistent standards to decide who was worthy and Hurricane responded by saying that ***** was only good on IPL and discussions on spin bowling. No refuting, no rebuttal just straight condescension. *****'s response was not proportionate, granted. But Hurricane was not a saint who was being bullied in that instance.

HeathDavisSpeed

I remember how that conversation went. Hurricane made the post about not standing up for Voges, ***** told him that he was using inconsistent standards to decide who was worthy and Hurricane responded by saying that ***** was only good on IPL and discussions on spin bowling. No refuting, no rebuttal just straight condescension. *****'s response was not proportionate, granted. But Hurricane was not a saint who was being bullied in that instance.
Which is specifically not what I said. What went on afterwards and the relentless pursuit of him all across the forum plus the multi was the bullying. Being patronising didn't warrant how he was treated - not in any way shape or form.

And let me be clear here, Hurricane and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but when there was a disagreement we discussed it over the messaging system like adults rather than bearing a grudge or creating a carry on in public.

cnerd123

likes this
You're missing the point how every interaction by anyone with Hurricane on these forums boiled down to him being condescending and refusing to accept that he could be wrong. He also had a smug, holier than thou tone and always played the victim card.

Okay I stop on this. He's off the forums there is no point smack talking him behind his back.

Oh and I had nothing to do with the multi

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thats fine. It was months ago. ***** is carrying on like a pighead though. Pretty poor.

indiaholic

International Captain
Which is specifically not what I said. What went on afterwards and the relentless pursuit of him all across the forum plus the multi was the bullying. Being patronising didn't warrant how he was treated - not in any way shape or form.

And let me be clear here, Hurricane and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but when there was a disagreement we discussed it over the messaging system like adults rather than bearing a grudge or creating a carry on in public.
That is the part which I was not aware of. I didn't know he was bullied on the forum after that post. My knowledge is restricted to that conversation and then visiting the forum a few months later and somebody pointed me to his 'farewell' thread.. The thread seemed to be a reaction to *****'s post. If that was not the case and it was due to further bullying then apologies for presuming.

cnerd123

likes this
Thats fine. It was months ago. ***** is carrying on like a pighead though. Pretty poor.
Hey someone asked what happened and I told them, and then someone thinks it's poor that I'm okay with having behaved that way and I'm like yea, I am.

It's a good example of something that people disagree with regards to the moderation of, and clearly have strong feelings about, but since there is no real means of talking about it they silently hold it as a grudge and then throw out snide remarks referring to it when they get a chance.

If we could freely talk about Hurricane's treatment and the bullying and the mods handling of it, somewhere off CW, it would be done and dusted now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You're missing the point how every interaction by anyone with Hurricane on these forums boiled down to him being condescending and refusing to accept that he could be wrong. He also had a smug, holier than thou tone and always played the victim card.

Okay I stop on this. He's off the forums there is no point smack talking him behind his back.

Oh and I had nothing to do with the multi
Rubbish

grecian

The feeling of love and tranquility that is this wonderful year, keeps on giving doesn't it?

It'll be over soon is the only thing that is cheering me up.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I can't agree that my experience of Hurricane's posting was as described by *****.

They're actually more alike than either would probably want to admit.

Blocky

Banned
Makes me laugh, ***** with basic admissions of trolling, "running people off", "i should have been banned" is still one of the most vocal around how others post here. And yet he's not banned.

Blocky

Banned
That's the point I'm making, someone who obviously realises they're antagonistic and act in a behavior that disrupts forum atmosphere, to the point that they admit they should be banned, hasn't been banned.

Where as, I got my infractions for

1. Making a comment about Laura Guptill after someone else brought her up
2. Making the comment "Mr Insulin" about Ross Taylor
3. "Repetitive Posting" - i,e talking about a cricket match as the cricket match is playing
4. Saying that Jimmy Anderson would be the worst to reach the milestone of 500 wickets (i.e like everyone here says Ntini for 300 and Harbhajan for 400)

Go figure.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If you were infracted for that Jimmy post then that is rough. I love Jimmy but he clearly would be the worst seamer to 500. Not exactly an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.