• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oi mods, sort it out

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Two words: forum atmosphere.

It's going down the toilet.

I know you lot **** yourselves when names are named and get the padlocks out, so I'll just ask two questions:

How the **** has vicleggie avoided a ban?
Who ****ed up and allowed Blocky back?

Answers welcome.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I know you lot **** yourselves when names are named and get the padlocks out, so I'll just ask two questions:

Answers welcome.
Such an English post.

Shri

Mr. Glass

Answers welcome.
Yeah reporting posts is ****ing useless. They selectively infract and ban people they don't like I guess, regardless of reports. And when you get sick of reporting **** only to see no response and decide to handle things yourself, you get infracted instead. They need to recruit new mods, people who don't have sticks up their butts or at least ones who are active. Spark, Dan, PEWS, Teja etc seem to be inactive and they are the good ones, which affects how things are run imo. Come to think of it, a majority of the mods seem to have disappeared recently.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah reporting posts is ****ing useless. They selectively infract and ban people they don't like I guess, regardless of reports. And when you get sick of reporting **** only to see no response and decide to handle things yourself, you get infracted instead. They need to recruit new mods, people who don't have sticks up their butts or at least ones who are active. Spark, Dan, PEWS, Teja etc seem to be inactive and they are the good ones, which affects how things are run imo. Come to think of it, a majority of the mods seem to have disappeared recently.
Never mind the spam links that seem to hang around for days - whether reported or not. It's like the mods don't even read the forums.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Kind of feel like complaining about a lack of forum atmosphere bans and complaining that we just decide bans based on who we like/dislike are completely opposite complaints. Atmosphere bans are basically a personal judgement call as opposed to the other infractions which are basically just interpreting a rule book.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've not followed the Australia/South Africa thread much beyond the odd post so I don't know if this stems from there, but aside from weldone I think things have been fine round here of late.

grecian

I just can't at the "forum atmosphere" thing now, the forum is toxic, mind you that pretty much means Cricketweb is mirroring the rest of the World.

It's a shame, this site was one you could go to avoid the general ****ery of the internet, but now it's pretty much embroiled in it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Such an English post.
You can **** off as well. Left you out of the OP because you're an irrelevant wee ****nugget desperately playing up to this moron persona you've got going on but you can have your three lines of fame.

grecian

You can **** off as well. Left you out of the OP because you're an irrelevant wee ****nugget desperately playing up to this moron persona you've got going on but you can have your three lines of fame.
I mean he clearly has a troll persona, which lets face it is not only the most hilarious thing you can do, but maybe the most original too, but surely Trolling is against the rules, I think even mods have said we're not to take him seriouslty, well whats the ****ing point of him then?

Another poster has said he's gone into the American Politics thread to cause arguments, because it's boring else. Isn't that trolling?

Gnske

OH, you're a Scot that's right.

I'll remember eventually, give me a chance.

I mean he clearly has a troll persona, which lets face it is not only the most hilarious thing you can do, but maybe the most original too, but surely Trolling is against the rules, I think even mods have said we're not to take him seriouslty, well whats the ****ing point of him then?

Another poster has said he's gone into the American Politics thread to cause arguments, because it's boring else. Isn't that trolling?
>Doesn't join the left-leaning hugbox in the politics thread
>"Now he's just causing arguments that man is!"

I refuse to post seriously in most things because in relation especially to cricket I love the game like a son I'll never have, but I know very little about it in comparison to anybody else here, and nothing but. If I do troll, as the buzzword goes for any base-level banter that happens online, it's lighthearted mockery and nothing vicious (can think of once in my entire time here I went over the line with a personal attack) especially in the Politics thread you've just mentioned, which ironically has been more amiable since the greatest poison decided to exit the system earlier this week.

You want trolls? Go for people like vicleggie, they get their comeuppance and I keep swimming.

Son Of Coco

I just can't at the "forum atmosphere" thing now, the forum is toxic, mind you that pretty much means Cricketweb is mirroring the rest of the World.

It's a shame, this site was one you could go to avoid the general ****ery of the internet, but now it's pretty much embroiled in it.
It's as toxic as an Australian dressing room.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
always thought Dan was the Michael Clarke of cricketweb.net/fourm. His original username being his version of the hair and fancy car