• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oi mods, sort it out

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
***** was trolling blocky, tjb and zinzan hard. he even admitted to trolling at one point so it's no surprise he got banned.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. How ironic that that line is now used to describe what ***** did when previously he was using it to describe what other posters had done to get banned.

cnerd123

likes this
Aight lets clear up a few things:

a) I got banned for accumulating infraction points, all but one of which were due to abusing Blocky. I got 5 points for a harmless jab at TJB, which is what I mentioned on the podcast, but everything else was abuse targeted at Blocky. Now, when teasing TJB became an infractable offence, IDK. But that wasn't the reason for the ban, nor was trolling Zinzan (?). I was copping a one-monther for abusing Blocky. Which leads to...

b) Seriously how annoying is it to cop a ban for abusing a member who gets permabanned for being a **** shortly after you? It's like being charged a fee for cancelling your ticket on a flight that ends up getting cancelled anyways just an hour after you made the call.

c) Appreciate all the kind words guys :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If you sit there and keep on baiting a "controversial" or "unpopular" member, it makes it very hard for us to deal with. You're constantly breaking the rules to ensure that the other member is breaking the rules - it's hard to institute a forum atmosphere ban when it's others who are trying to get a rise out of posters.

*insertJimJeffriesTrumpbit*

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

a) I got banned for accumulating infraction points, all but one of which were due to abusing Blocky. I got 5 points for a harmless jab at TJB, which is what I mentioned on the podcast, but everything else was abuse targeted at Blocky. Now, when teasing TJB became an infractable offence, IDK. But that wasn't the reason for the ban, nor was trolling Zinzan (?). I was copping a one-monther for abusing Blocky. Which leads to...

b) Seriously how annoying is it to cop a ban for abusing a member who gets permabanned for being a **** shortly after you? It's like being charged a fee for cancelling your ticket on a flight that ends up getting cancelled anyways just an hour after you made the call.

Love you man.

Burgey

A very reliable source has told me the ban was because you keep insisting Bangladesh aren't minnows any more.

cnerd123

likes this
If you sit there and keep on baiting a "controversial" or "unpopular" member, it makes it very hard for us to deal with. You're constantly breaking the rules to ensure that the other member is breaking the rules - it's hard to institute a forum atmosphere ban when it's others who are trying to get a rise out of posters.

*insertJimJeffriesTrumpbit*
Im not disagreeing with the ban FWIW. I fully understand and support it. Should have banned me after I made the thread.

Im just really annoyed that the ban kicked in right before Blocky got perma'd anyways :P

Also if you didn't keep admitting to trolling or baiting people that may help too.
Yea, about this - Where did I do this?

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Burgey

Furball,

The other day when I was searching through the best threads I've started (they are legion) I came across a TF thread entitled "Millstones" which you, then a moderator, decided to close because it "serves no purpose", much like the rest of the site and in particular the Testing Forum.

I know you deeply regret this move and can only assume you closed the thread in a fit of pique during your brief tenure as a moderator. In order to redress this injustice, I'd be grateful if you would email the moderators and have the thread reinstated.

Thanks,

Burgey.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I had a thread closed for a Radiohead album that was released free of charge because Sledger and GotSpin somehow got into a bitchy fight after some posts about Fred Durst. This website is weird sometimes.

_Ed_

I'm now imagining Radiohead with guest vocals from Fred Durst.

Also, I never get tired of that Pointless gif.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Furball,

The other day when I was searching through the best threads I've started (they are legion) I came across a TF thread entitled "Millstones" which you, then a moderator, decided to close because it "serves no purpose", much like the rest of the site and in particular the Testing Forum.

I know you deeply regret this move and can only assume you closed the thread in a fit of pique during your brief tenure as a moderator. In order to redress this injustice, I'd be grateful if you would email the moderators and have the thread reinstated.

Thanks,

Burgey.
So tempted to post the gif again.