• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oi mods, sort it out

Shri

Mr. Glass
Can we please not mention Michael Clarke? I remember the Ashes challenge from one of the EA Cricket games and Jonathan Agnew's annoying voice goes "50 for Michael Clarke. The blonde bombshell from New South Wales..." every time in my head when I read the ****'s name.
Its ****ing irritating as ****.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Reporting is definitely the best way to deal with these issues, but as it is rightly pointed out, that can only go so far if we're being passive. In this case, the issue genuinely was mods not being active enough and cleaning up the reports. A lot of us are in the middle some stuff that is time consuming, putting pretty much the whole load on the handful who are more active. It got bad enough where the most useless mod here (myself) had to clean up the spam threads.

As Dan alluded to, we're discussing a few things in the mod forum and hopefully you'll see some changes soon.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I doubt the problem is the mods, it's the rules set by James
I feel like I've had to say this a few times before, but the rules as they are right now were written almost entirely by mods with a small contribution from James. People who are not mods anymore had a big hand in it. Even the infraction system wasn't his idea IIRC.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Checking my emails hourly awaiting my invitation to the moderator role

I am going to make Cricket Web great again

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The blackest mark against Gnske is that he used the word '****' in the American Politics thread and I couldn't tell if it was satirical or genuine. That's bannable imo.

Flem274*

123/5
gnske's never been serious in his entire life but saying offensive things online where we can't hear his tone and there's no subtle hints to his real thoughts mean he just comes across as another alt-right forever virgin.

i like him despite his many inadequacies that stem from being australian

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Reporting is definitely the best way to deal with these issues, but as it is rightly pointed out, that can only go so far if we're being passive. In this case, the issue genuinely was mods not being active enough and cleaning up the reports. A lot of us are in the middle some stuff that is time consuming, putting pretty much the whole load on the handful who are more active. It got bad enough where the most useless mod here (myself) had to clean up the spam threads.

As Dan alluded to, we're discussing a few things in the mod forum and hopefully you'll see some changes soon.
Props for the honest response. You still chucked it for your 800-odd test wickets though, champ.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would love to have a crack at modding the forum tbh. About the only thing I have left to accomplish here.