• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Considering new forum platform

Shady Slim

International Coach
ftr on the kennel bulldogs supporters forum we moved to xenforo and:

-likes (which on the kennel were thumbs up and thumbs down) did not come too
-instead they were replaced with a system of likes, dislikes, "funnies", "best posts", and "loves"
-the dislikes were soon removed because pricks on hormone rampages went on dislike sprees targeting a particular poster (there isn't a limit to the reactions you can give) which made the target poster seem not as credible as they are
-i abuse the like system and give out likes and funnies liberally
-the interface itself is neither here nor there, pretty good i guess
-post count on the other hand did stay
-curse words are not blocked (previously were) though i'm not sure if that was a moderator decision

James

Cricket Web Owner
Or could Xenforo be moving to a platform that's less innovative and appealing to new users?
A fair point but I don't think such a change would go down overly well as its so different, and it appears as though it isn't as feature rich as XenForo.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
One of the simpler features I like about it is a notification when someone quotes your post.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Here's a new demo I've setup with a colour scheme I think would work:

http://bae8aa7a200170b5.demo-xenforo.com/156/

Feedback would be appreciated.

I've setup a testuser:

Username - testuser
Password - testuser

Some things I'm yet to get working:

1) Making the member section on posts should similar to existing:

2) Removing the members avatar from thread list:

3) Getting the bar between each post with date/time and postid.

4) Changing the top section to better reflect CW.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Please flatten the design if possible. Bulby graphics via gradients makes it look like Fisher & Price Baby's First Forum

Fenil

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not able to login with the following login details as provided by you:

Username - testuser
Password - testuser

The move to Xenforo has been very successful for the other famous cricket forum and I'm sure it will be good to move Xenforo rather than changing a vBulletin plugin. I'll give my feedback once I'm able to login.

EDIT: I'm now able to login.

1) I think we can highlight the small buttons below every post (Reply, Like etc.) There should be a multi-quote button as well. One of the great things that comes with XenForo is that we can directly quote certain part of a post just by selecting that part.

2) If you are an admin, why put the title 'staff member' as well? Keep it just as admin.

3) Have you thought about an alternative for Fantasy Cricket section? You won't be able to move Fantasy Cricket part of the forum to the Xenforo as far as I know.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm not able to login with the following login details as provided by you:

Username - testuser
Password - testuser

The move to Xenforo has been very successful for the other famous cricket forum and I'm sure it will be good to move Xenforo rather than changing a vBulletin plugin. I'll give my feedback once I'm able to login.
Sorry about that, and thanks for letting me know.

Please try again now.

Fenil

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry about that, and thanks for letting me know.

Please try again now.
I have added my suggestions to the previous post.

Oh, it just clicked me how about having a notification when someone replies/quote+replies your post. TBH, I had no idea you were working on it or even posted something because I was busy editing my post back then. A notification there would have helped. :)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Would it be possible to add a user notification system that alerts members when someone's mentioned their name on the forums? When I insult Jono for instance, I'd like him to be aware of it so it's not a wasted effort.

James

Cricket Web Owner
1) I think we can highlight the small buttons below every post (Reply, Like etc.) There should be a multi-quote button as well. One of the great things that comes with XenForo is that we can directly quote certain part of a post just by selecting that part.

2) If you are an admin, why put the title 'staff member' as well? Keep it just as admin.

3) Have you thought about an alternative for Fantasy Cricket section? You won't be able to move Fantasy Cricket part of the forum to the Xenforo as far as I know.
1) What do you mean by highlight, you mean a solid colour across the link?

2) The left menu will change to be like it is currently on vbulletin. I have to wait until we purchase the software before I can set up a demo showing that.

3) Fantasy Cricket will retain the way it is currently, but I'd like to look at options where there's integration between the various systems so you only have to sign-up once to access every CW service.

I have added my suggestions to the previous post.

Oh, it just clicked me how about having a notification when someone replies/quote+replies your post. TBH, I had no idea you were working on it or even posted something because I was busy editing my post back then. A notification there would have helped. :)
Would it be possible to add a user notification system that alerts members when someone's mentioned their name on the forums? When I insult Jono for instance, I'd like him to be aware of it so it's not a wasted effort.
Yes that functionality is built-into XenForo where you can tag a member by doing @Jono for example.

Multiple quoting isn't available yet there, is it?
For some reason, multi-quote is disabled by default. It has to be enabled through the admin which I've now done.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
James - I can't really test this via the demo, but will this solve the problem I have currently whereby on certain threads (on IE and safari, not chrome) the first unread takes me to the top of the newest page rather than the first unread post?

James

Cricket Web Owner
James - I can't really test this via the demo, but will this solve the problem I have currently whereby on certain threads (on IE and safari, not chrome) the first unread takes me to the top of the newest page rather than the first unread post?
Sorry mate, but I'm not exactly sure on this one. Perhaps someone who is a part of another forum that uses XenForo could answer.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I have that problem on CW (although I didn't used to), but on another XenForo site you are taken right to the first unread post in a thread.

I like the site, but I'd prefer an earthier colour scheme. The blue is a bit sterile.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Very few emoticons and not as cool ones as the ones on the old platform. I am not sure if there would be plugins for these.
Multi quoting as some one else pointed out.