• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Why ***** is banned? Is this for countering aussie? how come aussie gets away with continuous derailing and personal insults? Double standard.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he really is an idiot though, he knew it was coming but cbf and did it anyway :laugh:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
So what the mods seem to be implying is that aussie's style of posting is fine and worthy of emulation. Glad to have that sorted out. Would be a shame if there were inconsistencies in dealing with members who choose to post in a similar manner now.

Daemon

aussie doesn't break the rules. just because he's everywhere in every thread posting (usually) wrong opinions, doesn't mean it's a bannable offence.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So what the mods seem to be implying is that aussie's style of posting is fine and worthy of emulation. Glad to have that sorted out. Would be a shame if there were inconsistencies in dealing with members who choose to post in a similar manner now.
I particularly look forward to an influx of threads which question the validity of things like monogamy and homosexuality.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
aussie doesn't break the rules. just because he's everywhere in every thread posting (usually) wrong opinions, doesn't mean it's a bannable offence.
man i don't know what the rules are but aussie has been posting insults in between "wrong opinions" way too often

OverratedSanity

There are definitely lots of inconsistencies tbh. CaptainGrumpy got a permaban for disrupting forum atmosphere (which I'm glad he did tbh), but Blocky only got a 1 year ban despite his posting being far far far worse for CW's atmosphere. This is assuming CaptainGrumpy and Blocky are different people which I doubt. But it's still inconsistent.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Don't usually post in off-topic, so I'm going to just let this out here this once - since some of the crap being mentioned here reminds me of 6 years ago.

I have never insulted nobody at no point since returning to forum. Ask the moderators how much posts I have reported at various cross sections across the cricket chat & football from different posters - its potentially a CW record in sending post reports in less than a month in coming back into forum.:laugh:

I have barely been warned 3 times & adhered to every little rule advise they have suggested to me regarding style of posting regarding topics, interaction with people that they said have changed from 5 years ago etc. They know I have not broken any rules - especially on the forum atmosphere grounds.

This is no coincidence to me & the site owner James Nixon can testify to the fact that I predicted him the moment I came back to be on the look out because there are certain posters here who seemingly have astonishing internet beef with me based on debate conversations from 5 years ago, who I forgot even existed that resorted straight to personal attacks the moment I started posting again haha.

Thus my words have come to past, so while I was actually beginning to wonder if my reports were being checked - the banning of ***** by the moderators clearly shows they have been monitoring and is an extremely fair decision. Suggesting its a double standard by the moderators is total nonsense and it shows that certain members have taken their bias towards things relating to me to another level, since its quite obvious people were happy for ***** and others like him to continue their trolling attempts to get me banned - only for it to backfire on him quite humourously :D

Overall its a nice little warning to other posters like him who around and want to turn even cricket/football interaction with me into personal tirades.

NOTE: All them members who holding internet grudges from 5 years ago - I don't need to do this, but to for peace sake (and I'm not hoping and expecting you to accept this offer) I am sorry.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
This is no coincidence to me & the site owner James Nixon can testify to the fact that I predicted him the moment I came back to be on the look out because there are certain posters here who seemingly have astonishing internet beef with me based on debate conversations from 5 years ago, who I forgot even existed that resorted straight to personal attacks the moment I started posting again haha.
Look at yourself

You can't even fight your own corner, you have to invoke the Big Boss James to stay around here

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Look at yourself

You can't even fight your own corner, you have to invoke the Big Boss James to stay around here
I'm definitely not make any attempts to fight my own corner, people on the internet could say what they want. You seem me engaging anybody in any persona wars? All I do is report posts and dodging all the boring attempts at insults like the matrix mann!!

I didn't invoke him Mr Nixon to anything on my behalf either. Me and the site owner are not friends or drinking buddies, so don't try to make this sound as If I went crying to him for no favour to keep me around haha. I stopped posting on this site and didn't look here for almost six years until a month ago & I'd do it again if needed.

I simply alerted him before when I came back to be on the alert for posters of the past just in case (since I have been around here long enough to know which posters I'm talking about) & my words came to past.