• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

cnerd123

likes this
I like the idea of a suspended punishment + forcing him to have a horrible avvie (I assume you have the power to do that)

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Make it a picture of Adolf Hitler, his subtitle can be "Achtung Ubermensch" and have his signature be a list of Nazi Officials from Heydrich, Goebbels etc. below it.

I used the analogy of him being a persecuted Jew before so I think this fits the boot.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Shouldn't he be infracted for the multi offence as well? I find it fascinating that so many of you jump up and down about what is fair and equal and all that in some of the other threads, and yet wanna break the rules for your chum at the first opportunity here. :laugh:

FTR, I don't mind if Shri is back, I do miss his posting but it is really upto the mods AFAIC.
This is a really poor take HB. I don't think anyone posting here for Shri's sentence to be reduced are the sort that crap on about fair and consistent moderation at other times. As far as I've seen that sort of bleating always comes from the pita posters that eventually get banned anyway (your Scarletts, Kaz's and Miyagis etc)

No doubt that Shri ****ed up and the mods just can't turn a blind eye because it's Shri...........but to me these decisions should always come down to what action is for the betterment of the forum not what is fair and equal. No one wins here by Shri being banned for a year, as others have mentioned find another way to spell out to the lad that the post that got him banned was unacceptable and not wanted on CW.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shouldn't he be infracted for the multi offence as well? I find it fascinating that so many of you jump up and down about what is fair and equal and all that in some of the other threads, and yet wanna break the rules for your chum at the first opportunity here. :laugh:

FTR, I don't mind if Shri is back, I do miss his posting but it is really upto the mods AFAIC.
This is true. I experienced it firsthand back in the day when I was banned for 3 months but the good citizens of CW petitioned for my swift return in just 30 days.

It’s just reward for being a good poster imo.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reading this thread has the effect of going to a funeral and wondering what people would think when you're gone.

Noire

Banned
This is a really poor take HB. I don't think anyone posting here for Shri's sentence to be reduced are the sort that crap on about fair and consistent moderation at other times. As far as I've seen that sort of bleating always comes from the pita posters that eventually get banned anyway (your Scarletts, Kaz's and Miyagis etc)

No doubt that Shri ****ed up and the mods just can't turn a blind eye because it's Shri...........but to me these decisions should always come down to what action is for the betterment of the forum not what is fair and equal. No one wins here by Shri being banned for a year, as others have mentioned find another way to spell out to the lad that the post that got him banned was unacceptable and not wanted on CW.
Go throw yourself off a bridge and take yer sad Alastair Cook posters with you
Free Shri, fking plank

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

That is really just basically saying what PEWS said though. Someone can say whatever **** they want just because they are popular and get away with it. Forums are public and I think there shoud be some level of responsibility attached to what you say in public. And when someone trangresses that, they need to be punished, if only to show others its not done.

And you seem to be saying you are ok with him being punished for his offences, just feel that 1 year is too much. I am not arguing that point as much as the fact that others here want him to be posting straightaway. Personally I feel 1 year is a lot too but they are going by the rules and precedents they themselves have established. If that time can be dialled down coz he was a good poster otherwise and these are like out of character offences, I am totally all for it. But ultimately, I am ok for the mods to make up their minds on their own here. Its always fun to have Shri around and I hope he is back as soon as possible but the fact is, I would rather the mods stuck to a fair process than bypass things just because he is popular.