• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was accused of inviting death upon someone during a breakdown of relations in the Indian Politics thread. But I mean who hasn't done that in the IP thread?

Bring back Shri.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm definitely open to talking to the other mods about letting him back early, but he will definitely need to sit out his actual original ban (starting now, given he used a multi to evade it and so wasn't really serving it), plus some other extra penalty for evading it with a multi. So I'm pretty much not budging at anything shorter than another four months from now (which is still less than half of what it 'should' be), and he'll need to show a bit more contrition about it than he is at the moment if he wants special favours.

The fact that he's a well liked member of the community matters. It's not irrelevant. But we do have to have the ability to ban well-liked members of the forum when they break the rules, otherwise they'll just go around saying whatever they **** they like to less popular members (and this is faaar from the first time Shri has done that) knowing the pitchfork mob will demand they get no punishment, and we certainly need to be able to actually enforce bans by extending them when people use multis to just continue posting as normal or they'll have no teeth to begin with.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shri wasn't even trying with the multi. It was almost adorable in how shambolic it was. Sort of endearing.

Gnske

I'm batting for him seriously here, I'd hate to see him be gone so long that he could potentially defect to some ********* joint. That'd be a disastrous result on top of the already bad result we have here, which is really why I must insist on being a combative jerk about this.

If he doesn't know yet, let the guy know in no uncertain terms that there are many people who would prefer him to be here rather than being elswhere. Hell give me his email, he sent me a VM saying he wanted to talk before he got the kick. I'll growl in his face and threaten to chop his balls off and dump his body in the Everglades if he risks the hammer again.

I thought you were a Libertarian PEWs, help build his road back. Otherwise you're a Nazi.

harsh.ag

I'm definitely open to talking to the other mods about letting him back early, but he will definitely need to sit out his actual original ban (starting now, given he used a multi to evade it and so wasn't really serving it), plus some other extra penalty for evading it with a multi. So I'm pretty much not budging at anything shorter than another four months from now (which is still less than half of what it 'should' be), and he'll need to show a bit more contrition about it than he is at the moment if he wants special favours.

The fact that he's a well liked member of the community matters. It's not irrelevant. But we do have to have the ability to ban well-liked members of the forum when they break the rules, otherwise they'll just go around saying whatever they **** they like to less popular members (and this is faaar from the first time Shri has done that) knowing the pitchfork mob will demand they get no punishment, and we certainly need to be able to actually enforce bans by extending them when people use multis to just continue posting as normal or they'll have no teeth to begin with.
You can give him a suspended sentence. It's a useful tool used by judges as and when they see fit. Slap some avvie punishment and you have the best of both worlds. 4 month ban, 3 suspended. Let's make it happen.

Gnske

Give me his email, I'll tell him I'll bury him 6 feet under some monghole near Weipa if he ****s up. And I'll get Chennai Council workers to backfill his grave.

Gnske

I will eat actual ****, like human **** and post a video of myself doing it on youtube with "Welcome to CricketWeb" as the title I swear on my mother's grave right now.

RossTaylorsBox

I'm batting for him seriously here, I'd hate to see him be gone so long that he could potentially defect to some ********* joint. That'd be a disastrous result on top of the already bad result we have here, which is really why I must insist on being a combative jerk about this.

If he doesn't know yet, let the guy know in no uncertain terms that there are many people who would prefer him to be here rather than being elswhere. Hell give me his email, he sent me a VM saying he wanted to talk before he got the kick. I'll growl in his face and threaten to chop his balls off and dump his body in the Everglades if he risks the hammer again.

I thought you were a Libertarian PEWs, help build his road back. Otherwise you're a Nazi.
Lol that P a k P a s s i o n is censored

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can give him a suspended sentence. It's a useful tool used by judges as and when they see fit. Slap some avvie punishment and you have the best of both worlds. 4 month ban, 3 suspended. Let's make it happen.
Good idea. Bring him back after he serves his 3 months but keep him on 19 points permanently for another 3 months.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shouldn't he be infracted for the multi offence as well? I find it fascinating that so many of you jump up and down about what is fair and equal and all that in some of the other threads, and yet wanna break the rules for your chum at the first opportunity here. :laugh:

FTR, I don't mind if Shri is back, I do miss his posting but it is really upto the mods AFAIC.

Gnske

Shouldn't he be infracted for the multi offence as well? I find it fascinating that so many of you jump up and down about what is fair and equal and all that in some of the other threads, and yet wanna break the rules for your chum at the first opportunity here. :laugh:

FTR, I don't mind if Shri is back, I do miss his posting but it is really upto the mods AFAIC.
You know who also had rules, the Gestapo. And Shri may as well be wearing a yarmulke at the moment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shouldn't he be infracted for the multi offence as well?
He was. That's why the ban is now a year rather than the original three months. I'm open to cutting it back down to something much shorter than a year, but it shouldn't be shorter than three months, otherwise he'd effectively be rewarded for making the multi.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was. That's why the ban is now a year rather than the original three months. I'm open to cutting it back down to something much shorter than a year, but it shouldn't be shorter than three months, otherwise he'd effectively be rewarded for making the multi.

Yeah was not talking about you though, botty. :) Was talking about the non-mods and their protests. AFAIC, there were two things he did that warrant punishment. How long and how that has to be distributed is up to you guys.

Gnske

Take notice fellow denizens of CW. The powerful elite who control the forum want Shri gone, the silent majority want him to stay.

Makes you think.