• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know in football they will extend the ban for spurious appeals?

Enforcement in upholding the rules shocker!
I get that, sure.

But it seems an easy way to circumvent the mods is to stir up a fight by insulting someone and then sitting back and watching the fun when everyone else gets infracted.

I might try it tbh :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also, barely a few days after getting banned for "not following moderator instructions and continual disobedience" and apparently 'insulting' weldone, Pews posted this in reference to weldone:

Now, don't get me wrong, I laughed my ass off, and it was an awesome post. But this just tells me that it's ok to insult other members and stir **** up, but once a mod comes in and states the bleeding obvious (ie) don't insult anyone, then even the mildest of comments will be infracted. I get the logic, but it's also rather stupid.
Out of context my post crossed the line, but weldone actually specifically asked me to do that.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Posting solely in hashtags on forum software which doesn't even support it has got to be om the wrong side of the line, surely

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Also, barely a few days after getting banned for "not following moderator instructions and continual disobedience" and apparently 'insulting' weldone, Pews posted this in reference to weldone:

Now, don't get me wrong, I laughed my ass off, and it was an awesome post. But this just tells me that it's ok to insult other members and stir **** up, but once a mod comes in and states the bleeding obvious (ie) don't insult anyone, then even the mildest of comments will be infracted. I get the logic, but it's also rather stupid.
How the **** did I miss Cribb's post, HoF effort.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well done eggs taste nice enough, if I'd never had one that wasn't well done I'd probably like them, but it's just a waste isn't it?

Athlai

Not Terrible
In Australia (and to a lesser extent the UK and NZ) you call both your best mates and your worst enemies ****.

OverratedSanity

In Australia (and to a lesser extent the UK and NZ) you call both your best mates and your worst enemies ****.
Replace **** with bc/Mc and that's true for India.

Oh and when are we going to start allowing Hindi swearwords on here? It's well overdue.

OverratedSanity

BTW, I'd like a mod, preferably Fusion to answer this, thanks.

I disagree that what I posted was an insult.

The thread was about eggs and I worded my post very carefully. It said

Plainly, this referred to eggs of the well done variety. I even took care to not spell it like the poster weldone.

So no, not an insult.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Two mods have already answered it. You were clearly not talking about well done eggs. Can it.

OverratedSanity

Two mods have already answered it. You were clearly not talking about well done eggs. Can it.
No. No one explained why that was an insult. Also you're not a mod.

I'd even be OK if a mod came in and just copied and pasted your post here.*

*not really

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Saying no one likes well done (weldone) eggs is saying that no one likes weldone. It's not praising weldone or being neutral about him is it? It's a critical comment on him for no real reason. Oooh, no one likes you Weldone. Yes, very much an insult.