• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd really emphasise that the American Politics thread is the worst for it in that sub-forum. The amount of rather toxic debates/arguments in it over the years must far surpass any other thread in the sub-forum and perhaps the whole forum.
Warne Vs Murali?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd really emphasise that the American Politics thread is the worst for it in that sub-forum. The amount of rather toxic debates/arguments in it over the years must far surpass any other thread in the sub-forum and perhaps the whole forum.
In terms of volume you're correct but you take a wrong turn anywhere in that subbie and you could walk right in on a flame war

Shri

Mr. Glass
:laugh:

Hard to remember what my exact thoughts were in 2014 but I don't remember using or even endorsing such an endearing term

What a wonderful world we live in where you don't actually have to say racist things to be a racist, but can be labelled as such for so much as encouraging introspection, 5 years ago, in a thread about having honest and open dialogue about where you should draw the line

lol
i copped a fiver for calling you and the other guy what you were/are a few days ago

i don't wanna get into it with you again for like 3 months

but yeah see ya soon

OverratedSanity

ffs you n00bs are going to get this thread closed and then we'll have no place to complain about how ****e the mods are.

vcs

I agree but is hindutva apologia any better? Inconsistent from ***** tstl.
I think Amirfan had a particularly irritating posting style - selectively interpreting data in an agenda-driven way while repeatedly belittling Bangladesh, which ***** understandably wouldn't stand for. :D

Also, the nonsense about someone's opinion being of less worth because of the team they support etc.

Hindutva is horrible, but being the cricket nerds that we are, we get more worked up about Steyn vs. McGrath than the Kashmir issue

trundler

I think Amirfan had a particularly irritating posting style - selectively interpreting data in an agenda-driven way while repeatedly belittling Bangladesh, which ***** understandably wouldn't stand for. :D

Also, the nonsense about someone's opinion being of less worth because of the team they support etc.

Hindutva is horrible, but being the cricket nerds that we are, we get more worked up about Steyn vs. McGrath than the Kashmir issue
I agree with you but if that post in the American politics forum wasn't agenda driven, I don't know what is.

cnerd123

likes this
I miss all the trash talk by not bothering with the New/Politics Forum. I think it was a cunning plan by the site Admin to get it all in one place.
I remember clamouring for it because the political talk was stinking up OT. Enough posters wanted all of those kinds of threads to go into their own sub that the mods/admins eventually did it. And thank goodness for that.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Is that the one where our one eyed Australian friend claimed to have used a protractor on the TV to prove he was chucking?
I don't know if the whole ordeal was just one thread, or what it was even called, but yes I do recall an incident of that nature.

I think a multi that was called 'bentarmbowls' or something like that was created around that time, and that Mark Nicholas video from 2004ish and various archived cricinfo articles about the rule changes after that big batch of random tests in the 2004 CT got passed around like candy

cnerd123

likes this
I agree with you but if that post in the American politics forum wasn't agenda driven, I don't know what is.
Idek what posts Wrongun was arguing about

I just remember him and shifty eyes ranting about India Pak politics before Fusion came in and called it all vomit worthy jingoism without an explanation

That didn't feel right. Atleast I used facts and statistics while bullying Amirfan

vcs

Idek what posts Wrongun was arguing about

I just remember him and shifty eyes ranting about India Pak politics before Fusion came in and called it all vomit worthy jingoism without an explanation

That didn't feel right. Atleast I used facts and statistics while bullying Amirfan
That conversation between him and shifty_eyes had a very dire tone - basically calling Pakistan a rogue state, terrorist hotbed and that they deserved financial ruin and complete dissolution. Most of it is what you see in a ToI comment section.

Now, Pakistan doesn't have a perfect record - far from it, and their moralizing about human rights violations in Kashmir sounds extremely selective, dishonest and hypocritical IMO - but I happen to love all the Pakistan posters on this forum, and Teja's comment about cheerleading other countries' misfortunes or "humiliation" not being acceptable was spot on.

Shri

Mr. Glass
That conversation between him and shifty_eyes had a very dire tone - basically calling Pakistan a rogue state, terrorist hotbed and that they deserved financial ruin and complete dissolution. Most of it is what you see in a ToI comment section.

Now, Pakistan doesn't have a perfect record - far from it, and their moralizing about human rights violations in Kashmir sounds extremely selective, dishonest and hypocritical IMO - but I happen to love all the Pakistan posters on this forum, and Teja's comment about cheerleading other countries' misfortunes or "humiliation" not being acceptable was spot on.
link me to that post quickly before i get banned

got some deporting to do

trundler

I think people here can vouch for the fact that I am not a guy with a nationalistic ego. That thread was just cancerous for reasons Teja mentioned so it's just a bit needlessly dramatic to whinge about not being accepted here.