• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't recall that from Sanz at all. If anything, that was the moment he went full on crazy and started posting some heavy anti-Pakistani stuff.
Yeah i said to Spark via VM I think I was mixing Sanz up with someone from another forum but that his reaction to said attacks was absolutely horrendous, which your post backs up in a sense

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spark has already admitted that they dropped the ball on watson. It wasn't a poor system that allowed him to stay on, it was just a not so good application of the process.

If they could go back and do it differently, they would still be able to while staying well within the rules. So I don't think there's any need to change the system, but a little less tolerance when it comes to the forum atmosphere rule would be nice.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it took awhile for the mods to realise their version of Might is Right differed from watson's.

I still think he was innocent personally.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't recall that from Sanz at all. If anything, that was the moment he went full on crazy and started posting some heavy anti-Pakistani stuff.
Yeah, this is what I remember too. I liked the guy and we posted in a lot of same threads but he was a bit out there and this pushed him over the edge. Sad to see tbh.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The main thing with watson was that it was always just below the line. Everyone knew what he actually meant, but he was very clever about not going out and posting what he truly thought, i.e. "non-white people are subhuman".
There's another poster who I feel falls into this category but they pretty much post only in CC so it doesn't seem like anyone's picked up on it. Is there any process for gut feelings?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson's obvious racism came after he'd been here years anyway, didn't it?

I get what Maximas is saying in reference to people who appear to be trolls for example. Many an initially abrasive member finds their place here.

But watson doesn't fit into that.

& the thing is as much as everyone says the politics subbie is this and that, nobody stood with watson on anything. He just stank the joint out
Just another POV mate. If only you'd persisted and tried to talk rationally with him, then I'm sure there'd be no issue and the whole thing would have turned around.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fraz was a great. Don’t think he was banned.

Sanz was a [redacted]. Don’t think he was banned. Not even when he said he was enjoying the Mumbai terror attacks.
he freaked out against the pakistani posters after the attacks and was definitely out of control for some time there...but i don't think he ever said he enjoyed the attacks?!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
he freaked out against the pakistani posters after the attacks and was definitely out of control for some time there...but i don't think he ever said he enjoyed the attacks?!
Yeah apologies....I was actually thinking of someone on a completely different forum who said 'I am enjoying this' in relation to 9/11

Sanz's response to Mumbai was disgusting and should have seen him banned - but what I said above was inaccurate.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah apologies....I was actually thinking of someone on a completely different forum who said 'I am enjoying this' in relation to 9/11

Sanz's response to Mumbai was disgusting and should have seen him banned - but what I said above was inaccurate.
yeah was a little suprised that there wasn't any consequence to his tirade at the time...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
yeah was a little suprised that there wasn't any consequence to his tirade at the time...
It was actually the reason I applied to be a mod. I thought it was terrible posting and it was left alone.

Then I promptly dropped the ball on Watson almost a decade later.